|This article (or section) refers to content in the Enhanced version for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC release of Grand Theft Auto Online that may be absent from other versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the Enhanced version for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC version of Grand Theft Auto Online, please see here.
The January 2016 Update (also known as the Drop Zone Update) is a content update for Grand Theft Auto Online, exclusive to the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC versions of the game. It was released on January 28, 2016.
The update included the later released GTA Online: Be My Valentine content.
This update added the Adversary Mode, Drop Zone, to GTA Online. It also included new supercar variants of the Banshee and the Sultan that can be upgraded and customized at Benny's Original Motor Works.
New Drop Zone Adversary Mode has been made available.
Several new clothing items were added exclusively for the Drop Zone Adversary Mode for both Male and Female characters. Those include cargo pants, bulletproof helmet, woolen gloves, and parachute bags. They are all available in ten different colors; green, orange, purple, pink, red, blue, gray, beige, white, and black. However only four of those colors (green, orange, purple, and pink) are actually used.
Some clothing items remain unused, such as some fedoras, bike helmets, glasses, ties, body armor, and leather jackets - each also available in ten different colors.
No new items are available for purchase at the clothing stores.
The update includes two new wide-body variants of existing vehicles, as well as extensive modifications at Benny's Original Motor Works:
|Bravado Banshee 900R||Wide-body variant of the Banshee.|
|Karin Sultan RS||Wide-body, rally-sport variant of the Sultan. Returning from Grand Theft Auto IV.|
Discounts & Bonuses
- Double GTA$ and RP rewards in VIP Work & Challenges.
- Double GTA$ and RP rewards in the Extraction & Drop Zone Playlist.
- Double GTA$ and RP rewards in the Running Back Adversary Mode (February 6 & 7 only).
- VIP money threshold reduced to GTA$500K.
- Discounts on selected vehicles:
- 10% discounts on selected properties:
- Yacht renovations
- 10% discounts on selected clothing:
- Robes & Smoking Jackets
Bugs and Glitches
- There was a bug where liveries and interior parts for the new vehicles were removed whenever the player entered a new session, forcing them to be bought again. This was fixed after a few days.
- It is the third update that came with new content which was released without Rockstar giving any details, and the first being exclusive to next-gen. The other two are the I'm Not a Hipster Update and the Independence Day Special.
- Update name can be viewed on Rockstar Games Social Club when browsing the "Super" category in Vehicles section. The DLC pack is also referred to as "mpjanuary2016" in the game files.