|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
The January 2016 Update (also known as the Drop Zone Update) is a content update for Grand Theft Auto Online, exclusive to the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC versions of the game. It was released on January 28, 2016.
The update included the later released GTA Online: Be My Valentine content.
This update added the Adversary Mode, Drop Zone, to GTA Online. It also included new supercar variants of the Banshee and the Sultan that can be upgraded and customized at Benny's Original Motor Works.
New Drop Zone Adversary Mode has been made available.
Several new clothing items were added exclusively for the Drop Zone Adversary Mode for both Male and Female characters. Those include cargo pants, bulletproof helmet, woolen gloves, and parachute bags. They are all available in ten different colors; green, orange, purple, pink, red, blue, gray, beige, white, and black. However only four of those colors (green, orange, purple, and pink) are actually used.
Some clothing items remain unused such as two cap variants, fedora, bike helmet, glasses, tie, body armor, and leather jacket - each also available in ten different colors - as well as a SecuroServ hat.
No new items are available for purchase at the clothing stores.
- "Bring these rides to Benny’s garage for upgrades into high-performance, wide body race cars - the Karin Sultan RS and the Bravado Banshee 900R and tap into a range of upgrades exclusive to Benny’s. When fully modded, the Sultan RS and the Banshee 900R can even compete with top tier Supercars like the Zentorno and T20."
- ―Rockstar Games
|Bravado Banshee 900R||Wide-body variant of the Banshee.|
|Karin Sultan RS||Wide-body, rally-sport variant of the Sultan. Returning from Grand Theft Auto IV.|
Discounts & Bonuses
- Double GTA$ and RP rewards in VIP Work & Challenges.
- Double GTA$ and RP rewards in the Extraction & Drop Zone Playlist.
- Double GTA$ and RP rewards in the Running Back Adversary Mode (February 6 & 7 only).
- VIP money threshold reduced to GTA$500K.
- Discounts on selected vehicles:
- 10% discounts on selected properties:
- Yacht renovations
- 10% discounts on selected clothing:
- Robes & Smoking Jackets
Bugs and Glitches
- There was a bug where liveries and interior parts for the new vehicles were removed whenever the player entered a new session, forcing them to be bought again. This was fixed after a few days.
- It is the third update that came with new content which was released without Rockstar giving any details, and the first being exclusive to next-gen. The other two are the I'm Not a Hipster Update and the Independence Day Special.
- ↑ Update name can be viewed on Rockstar Games Social Club when browsing the "Super" category in Vehicles section. The DLC pack is also referred to as "mpjanuary2016" in the game files.