Italy is a country in southwestern Europe. The capital and largest city is Rome. The country is bordered to the north by France, Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia, as well as the enclaves of San Marino and Vatican City.
References in the GTA series
- The Mafia families are from Italy and use several Italian phrases.
- Many characters are of Italian descent.
- The Franchi SPAS-12 appear throughout the series.
- The Pistol in VCS is based on Beretta 92, an Italian weapon.
GTA III and LCS
- Saint Mark's, Portland, has a large Italian community.
- There are Italian flags on the Orbit Building in east Belleville Park, Staunton Island.
- Fort Staunton served as an Little Italy district in Liberty City before its destruction.
GTA San Andreas
- The district of Verona Beach is named after the Italian city of Verona.
- Gnocchi is an Italian clothing brand.
- Caligula's Palace casino is named after the Roman emperor Caligula.
- Grotti, Lampadati, Principe and Pegassi are Italian vehicle manufacturers, resembling Ferrari, Maserati, Piaggio, and Lamborghini.
- Al Dente's and Viendemorte are Italian restaurants, resembling Olive Garden.
- Birra Puttana is an Italian alcoholic beverage.
- Gnocchi reappears from San Andreas.
Grand Theft Auto IV
- There are several characters that have Italian descent living in Liberty City.
Grand Theft Auto V
- Stronzo is an Italian beer brand.
- An Italian flag can be seen at Los Santos Country Club.
- The neighborhood of Vespucci is named after the Italian explorer Amerigo Vespucci, after whom the continent of America is named.
- The San Andreas Flight School Update added an Italy Chute Bag.
- Golfer Mark Fostenburg claims he has property in Milan, an Italian city.
- Tale of Us are real life duo DJs, first introduced in GTA Online: After Hours, where the GTA Online Protagonist must acquire the Enus Stafford and chauffeur them to the nightclub after picking them up from the LSIA.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.