Iran, officially known as the Islamic Republic of Iran, is a country in Western Asia. It is bordered by Armenia and Azerbaijan to the north-west, the Caspian Sea to the north, Turkmenistan to the north-east, Pakistan to the south-east, the Persian Gulf and Gulf of Oman to the south, and Turkey and Iraq to the west.
References in the Grand Theft Auto Series
- The Sultan derives its name from a Persian word meaning "king".
- Ma'am, who played for the Liberty City Cocks circa 2001, is an Iranian soccer (football) player.
- The Baran Discount & Coffee Shop in Vice City is possibly of Persian origin, as "baran" means rain in the Persian language.
- The Kent Paul's 80's Nostalgia Zone! website directly references events in modern Iranian history, including the Iranian Revolution, the exile of the Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, the Iran–Iraq War, the Iran hostage crisis, and the Iran–Contra affair.
- There is at least one Persian pedestrian who was cut from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas internally named IRFYST. Only her voice-lines remain.
- Crow held a concert in Iran in 2008.
- Yusuf Amir is voiced by Omid Djalili, an Iranian-British comedian.
- Michael De Santa mentions the Iranian Revolution and the fall of the Shah during the mission By the Book, in reference to the Los Santos residents of Middle Eastern descent.
- In the mission The Vice Assassination, Lester Crest states that Jackson Skinner is selling customer data from Moscow to Tehran.
- Armin Amiri, an Iranian actor, provides the voice of Ferdinand Kerimov.