The Republic of India is a country in South Asia. It is the second most populous country in the world and the capital is New Delhi. The country is bordered by Pakistan to the west, China, Nepal and Bhutan to the northeast, and Myanmar and Bangladesh to the east.
India is currently home to one Rockstar studio:
References in the GTA Series
- Taxis driven in Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories are almost always driven by Indian taxi drivers, a parody of the majority of taxi drivers in New York being of Indian descent.
- An Indian pedestrian can be found around San Andreas in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, wearing a red checkered shirt, blue jeans and brown loafers. He appears to be very stereotypical, with mentions of a large family, being a taxi driver, an obsession with vindaloo and curry, and general lack of manners.
- Radio Del Mundo plays a large amount of Indian music. The DJ of the station, Panjit Gavaskar is also of Indian descent.
- New World Order in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories has a reporter, Chuck Summers, report from New Delhi, reporting on the poor conditions before the 21st-century boom.
- There is an inn in Dukes, Liberty City called the Indian Inn.
- Many convenience store shopkeepers in Grand Theft Auto V are of Indian descent.
- Indian college students can be found around Textile City and Pillbox Hill, and can be played with in Director Mode. Saeeda Kadam uses her model from these students.