Based on the former General Motors marque Pontiac, the logo has an upside down triangle, much like Pontiac's arrowhead logo. Imponte manufactures performance vehicles. The Dukes and DF8-90 also feature emblems with crossed checkered flags that are similar to Chevrolet's high performance flags. They are one of the few manufacturers mentioned in 3D Universe.
|Image||Vehicle||Style||Based on (3D Universe)||Notes|
The Insurrection in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.
|Insurrection||Sports car||Third-generation Pontiac Firebird||Only depicted in advertisements; Not seen on the road|
- In real life, there is a vehicle made by Pontiac called the Phoenix, a compact car made from 1977-84. However, the Phoenix in-game is a muscle car based on the late 70s Firebird.
- Imponte is a play on the term impotence, another reference to Rockstar's crude humor.
- Imponte also means 'impose' in Spanish.
- The Imponte Racing logo features a design inspired by outrun/synthwave culture, which is a retro-futuristic 1980s visual style.
- The Imponte Racing Satin Jacket also features a 1980s retro design.
- The Ruiner Racing Jacket seems to be based on Burt Reynolds' "Bandit" jackets from Smokey and the Bandit 2.