Stated to have been completed in 1979, the stadium is possibly named as a reference to the hymen (implying a loss of virginity), or, more likely, to Hyman Roth, a Miami-based character in The Godfather Part II. The stadium is surrounded by a thin stretch of parking spaces and access roads, and also boasts a pair of helipads, one of which spawns a Maverick in GTA Vice City Stories.
The stadium is known to host a variety of events throughout its appearances.
In GTA Vice City, the stadium's interior is depicted with a multipurpose arrangement, featuring an oval track on the outskirts surrounding a central arena. The oval track is used for Hotring - a NASCAR-style racing event, while the arena is adopted for used in Bloodring - a demolition derby event, and Dirtring - a dirt bike stunt show. The events are rotated every day (Hotring → Bloodring → Dirtring), and are only available to the player between 8:00 pm (20:00 hour) and 12:00 midnight (00:00 hour).
In GTA Vice City Stories, the stadium is adopted for use as a concert venue for Phil Collins, as seen in "Kill Phil: Part 2" and "In the Air Tonight". The stadium is also part of the Hyman Memorial O.D.T. side-mission, with the final third of the race starting around the stadium and finishing at the entrance. The Vice City Mambas football team play here. Wrestling matches are also held at the stadium, as mentioned during Papi Don't Screech.
In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the following songs can be heard playing in the background during any of the events inside the stadium:
- Frankie Goes to Hollywood - "Two Tribes" (featured on Wave 103)
- Tesla - "Cumin' Atcha Live" (featured on V-Rock)
- Gary Numan - "Cars" (featured on Wave 103)
- Alcatrazz - "God Blessed Video" (featured on V-Rock)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- In beta version of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, this stadium didn't exist.
- There is a glitch in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories that makes it possible to enter the stadium to watch Phil Collins' concert. To do this, the player must use a Little Willie to enter the roof because it is not solid, then exit the vehicle to land in the Blue Hell. The only way out is to commit suicide.
- For some reason, this stadium interior can be found in the GTA San Andreas' hidden interior universe, just above the Chinatown district in Liberty City.
- The stadium also exist in the HD Universe rendition of Vice City, as it was mentioned in the OG Loc's tour poster in Grand Theft Auto V.
- It is possible that the stadium's name (along with the adjacent condo) is a reference to Hyman Roth, a business man and crime lord in The Godfather Part II, who was also living in his older years in Miami on which Vice City is based.