- "Meet a contact in Downtown to receive the Humane Labs key codes. Set up lookouts and security at the meet in case of interruption."
The team is divided into four different roles, working together to progress the mission: The Buyer and the Bodyguard, who take care of the meeting with the contact, and the Lookout players (North and South), who provide assistance for the other two players.
The crew is instructed to go to the parking lot on Elgin Avenue, near the Ammu-Nation in Downtown Los Santos. The Buyer and the Bodyguard have to get in position in the middle of the parking lot for the meeting, while the Lookout players have to get into their corresponding vantage points (North gets into the rooftop of the building on the left side and South gets into the elevated walkway from a building just behind the buyer and the bodyguard). With everyone in position, they must wait for the contact to arrive in a black Zion.
A cutscene plays where the contact, revealed to be Karen from the IAA, arrives at the meeting point, along with her bodyguard and the briefcase containing the key codes for the Humane Labs and Research. She says that she needs to wait for confirmation to give the briefcase to the crew, but while waiting for confirmation, she asks if they were the ones who robbed the bank or were their associates. She tells them that what they are now into is "a whole different game". Later, she receives the confirmation, giving the crew the briefcase. As soon as she gives the briefcase, FIB agents arrive at the scene in FIB Buffalos and proceed to shoot at the group, which results in Karen's bodyguard getting killed and Karen running away.
From there, the crew have to fight against the FIB agents. They will attempt to flank the group through the parking lot entrance and the alleyways located on the right and behind the buyer and the bodyguard. Lookout players should attack from their vantage points to avoid the agents coming to the buyer and bodyguard's location.
Once the area is secured, the team is instructed to collect the briefcase and bring it to the host's apartment. However, more FIB agents will arrive at the entrance in FIB Grangers, so the other players have to take them out. Depending of the distance to the apartment, FIB agents will spawn in FIB Buffalos to intercept the player who is carrying the briefcase, so the player has to defend themselves.
Once the briefcase is collected and the players managed to leave the parking lot, the mission is completed.
- Go to the meeting point.
- Get in position. (Buyer/Bodyguard)
- Go to the vantage point. (Lookout North/South)
- Wait for your crew to get in position.
- Wait for the contacts to arrive at the meeting.
- Take out the agents.
- Collect the briefcase.
- Deliver the briefcase to the planning room. (Player who took the briefcase)
- Help deliver the briefcase to the planning room. (Other players)
- Escape the area.
- Wait for your team to leave the parking lot.
- When the FIB first fire their pistols, they make a unique gun-fire sound effect. This sound effect isn't heard in normal gameplay.
- A Maverick always flies by when the players are waiting for Karen.
- Upon replaying of the Setup, a minor visual glitch often occurs during the cutscene of Karen handing over the access codes, wherein the Buyer and Bodyguard will see the weapon that they chose as their starting weapon clipped through their wrist. Only the Buyer and Bodyguard themselves can see this glitch on their own character only.
- (PS4, Xbox One & PC) Rarely, a glitch can occur that causes Karen and her bodyguard to drive straight past the parking lot, which eventually fails the mission with a message stating "The deal was compromised". Restarting the Setup does not fix the issue, and the host will need to return to Free Mode, find a new session, then restart the Setup in order to resolve it. Similar mission-failing glitches can occur on The Fleeca Job (Finale), Prison Break - Wet Work and The Prison Break (Finale).
- Sometimes, a NPC marked as hostile on the radar will appear in the parking garage across the street before Karen and her body guard arrives. He will then run away before getting out of sight. Killing him will compromise the deal and fail the setup.