|This article (or section) refers to content in the Enhanced version for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC release of Grand Theft Auto Online that may be absent from other versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the Enhanced version for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC version of Grand Theft Auto Online, please see here.
Hot Property mode is a competitive mode where players battle to hold a hot-property briefcase for the longest time. The event will last for ten minutes and players aim to hold onto the briefcase for the longest time.
Once the briefcase has been collected, the timer will begin to count up and everyone is informed that a player has collected the briefcase. If the player holding the briefcase dies, they will drop it and their timer will pause, but will resume once the same player acquires the briefcase again.
- The briefcase will not be held when aboard the player's personal Yacht, or if in a vehicle that can travel underwater, such as the Kraken or Submersible, to prevent the player from cheating. Strangely, the Stromberg is an exception.
- The holder cannot use the Lester's "Off Radar" feature, "Ghost Organization" while in an organization/MC or the stealth feature on the Akula to hide the briefcase from others. However, the briefcase icon will override a vehicle's icon, making players unaware what kind of vehicle they are using unless making visual contact with the briefcase holder.
- Los Santos
- Inside a boatyard on the eastern side of the western-most dock of Elysian Island, Port of Los Santos.
- Inside an unfinished Darnell Bros. building just behind the one used by Lester in La Mesa.
- On a construction site in Vespucci Canals.
- Kortz Center interior ground floor.
- Blaine County
- Inside a small area near the Stoner Cement Works factory in Harmony, where several containers and static trailers are seen.
- Inside the Thomson Scrapyard.
- Behind some buildings in Grapeseed near a clothing store.
- Paleto Forest Sawmill.
- At times, the player will be unable to enter buildings even after the event is finished, with the instructional message indicating they cannot enter "while in a mission". The only way to fix this issue is restarting the game.
- Hot Property and other Freemode Events announced on Rockstar Newswire
- Game Tips on Rockstar Newswire
- HTP_YHTNOHOLD = The Hot Property cannot be held while on board a Yacht.
- HTP_SUBNOHOLD = The Hot Property cannot be held while inside a vehicle that can go underwater.