Niko receives a phone call from Mallorie Bardas, who informs him that she thinks Roman has been kidnapped and is being held hostage at the Lompoc Avenue Warehouse in Industrial. Niko drives to the factory where Roman is being held.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the warehouse where Roman is being held.
- Roman is on the top floor. Rescue him.
- Use Free Aim to take out the kidnapper and free Roman
- Follow Roman.
- Take Roman back to the Bohan safehouse.
This mission involves a heavy shootout with the Russian Mafiya.
When the player enters the warehouse, a brief cutscene will show them where Roman is located and all the goons spread across the factory. Niko will automatically get some cover on a wall near the entrance. The player then takes out the goons on the first floor. A first aid kit can be found near the end of the wall where Niko was taking cover.
Niko goes up to the first floor and takes out any goons in his path. He then goes across the platform on the left to reach the stairs to the second floor and takes out goons taking cover along the platform. The last goon on this platform will always drop a Body Armor once he is killed.
At the second floor, Niko eliminates all the goons and goes to the other side of the factory for the stairs that lead to the third and last floor. Three goons that are above a pipeline in the middle of the factory will try to flank the player. There are also two first aid kits in this floor, one attached to a wall in the middle of the floor and the other at the end of a catwalk near the stairs to the third floor.
Finally, in the third and last floor, Niko kills the last couple of goons, including one standing on the rooftop of the warehouse, and goes to the room were Roman is located. The last goon is armed with a shotgun and he is taking cover at the door to this room. Once the player enters the room, a cutscene will show Roman being held in a chokehold by his captor, who is holding a gun to Roman's head. Niko takes the kidnapper out.
Roman thanks Niko for saving him, and the latter follows the former to leave the warehouse. Niko drives Roman back to his apartment in South Bohan. When they arrive at the apartment, Roman admits the extent of his gambling addiction. Niko also explains that the duo need to leave Bohan as quickly as possible before Dimitri comes looking for them.
After the mission
- Roman sends Niko a text message thanking Niko again for saving him, he also explains that "a biker kidnapped him".
- Dimitri calls Niko saying that he is very disappointed that he did not find his body among the dead in the warehouse.
- After a few in-game hours have passed, Roman calls Niko to inform him that he has made enough money to purchase a new penthouse in Middle Park East, Algonquin, which the player can now save their game at. Roman also explains that he has managed to purchase a new fleet of taxis for his Cab Service, replacing the old Esperantos with new Cavalcades.
- This mission is similar to the GTA Vice City mission: Death Row, as both missions involve rescuing one of the player's close allies from a deserted area before their ally is killed, neither has a monetary reward, both eventually unlock a large and superior safehouse, and both involve killing a large amount of gang members whom the player used to be on good terms with.
- Roman's Kidnapper may wear various clothes in this mission.
- If the player calls Dimitri after receiving the picture message of Roman held hostage, Niko will describe how he will cut Dimitri's face off and hang it on his wall to remind himself of what a "lying, cheating, treacherous scumbag" looks like, ending the call with "Goodbye, friend", referring to Dimitri's previous text messages always ending with "your friend, Dimitri."
- Niko has unique lines related to Roman's kidnapping, which he shouts when navigating the building and when he is fighting the mobsters during this mission. These include "Take my cousin, will you!?", "I'm leaving here with Roman!", "No one fucks with my family" and "You will not harm my cousin".
- The Russian goon that guards the doorway to the room where Roman is being held wears body armor.
- If the player tries to land on the roof of the warehouse using a helicopter, two guards standing on the roof will shoot at the player with a Rocket Launcher.
- If the player dies whilst leaving the warehouse with Roman, once Niko spawns back at the nearby hospital, his conversation with Roman will carry on as normal.
- After Niko gets into the Bobcat outside the warehouse, the in-game Police Scanner can be heard saying there is gunfire at the warehouse and sirens can be heard in the distance, but the player will not receive a Wanted Level (as also happens in Deconstruction for Beginners).
- The parked Bobcat cannot be destroyed until Roman enters it.
- It is not possible to obtain a wanted level during the shootout. If the player evades it before cops arrive, then the cops will shoot the Russians. The Russians will then fight back and target the police. If the player fires again the lured cops usually won't be alarmed and the wanted level will not be restored (Confirmed on PC).
- Despite Mallorie being the boss of the mission, if the first try of the mission was ended in a failure, when Niko got the text message, the retry text will be sent by Roman. It is probably a script glitch.
- Mallorie mentions a location called Hunt Point in the call. It is unknown if this was the beta name of Chase Point during development, or a beta location cut from the final. It is more likely that it is Chase Point, as Chase Point is based on Hunts Point in the Bronx (upon which Bohan is based).