- "Ahh, we all do dumb things... that's what makes us human."
- — Hossan Ramzy to Niko Bellic in The Cousins Bellic.
Hossan Ramzy (Arabic: حسن رمزي) is a character in the Grand Theft Auto series who appears as a minor character in Grand Theft Auto IV.
Hossan is an Egyptian merchant seaman who worked alongside Niko Bellic onboard the Platypus. In the game's introduction, he expresses a desire to "make a go of it" and enter the United States to live the American Dream. In an e-mail, Hossan says that he has jumped ship in Florida, but expects to return soon. Hossan returns to Liberty City sometime before the events of The Puerto Rican Connection, becoming a street vendor selling counterfeit purses and handbags in Suffolk.
Niko reunites with Hossan in a random encounter in western Algonquin, where he works as a street vendor. During this encounter, he and Niko pursue and kill a man who refused to pay Hossan for his work due to his status as an illegal immigrant.
LCPD Database record
- GTA IV
Hossan's Random Encounter
- "Hossan" is an Anglicised form of the Arabic name, Hassan. Ramzy is correct Arabic. An authentic rendering of his name would be "Hassan Ramzy". However, Hossan could also be pronounced as "Hossam", which is another Arabic male name.
- Like most characters in-game, Hossan will don a unique helmet when riding alongside the protagonist on a motorbike. His helmet is white.
- Ironically, the target in his encounter uses a generic pedestrian model used by Russians/Eastern-Europeans in Hove Beach.