|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "A Sanchez, a Golf Cart or another otherwise humble mode of transport is made into an indestructible marked vehicle. Take command of it and avoid all the other jackers and assailants in your session to be the one in the driver’s seat when time runs out. Try and go for it solo to keep the entire GTA$ award for yourself, or shrewdly partner up with a gunner to ride with you for protection and split the earnings."
- ―Rockstar Newswire description.
- "Stay in the vehicle until the time runs out"
When Hold the Wheel becomes available, a vehicle will be marked on the map with a purple vehicle icon . The vehicle chosen will be a rather "humble" mode of transport, such as a Fieldmaster, Caddy or Sanchez becomes a target vehicle for players to collect and hold onto for 10 minutes. The players must compete in holding the vehicle for the longest time. Players can either help each other by riding in the same vehicle and/or keeping other players away, or kill the player holding the vehicle and steal it. The vehicle is significantly stronger than in normal gameplay, however it can still be destroyed.
- "Get in the vehicle to win the event"
If a player is knocked off/out of the vehicle, killed or otherwise dismounted from it after having taken it, and no one is present in or on the vehicle until the end of the game, the game will enter a 'Sudden Death' phase after the initial event has finished. This will occur immediately after the 30 second countdown and allows all players to retrieve the vehicle within 1 minute. The objective for this stage is to simply enter the vehicle first, and the first player to do so within 1 minute will win the game. Once retrieved, the player does not have to wait until the 60 seconds are complete, and is instantly rewarded as winner.
Hold The Wheel Vehicle Locations
The type of vehicle depends on the location of the vehicle.
- Farm field in Grapeseed.
- Los Santos International Airport, near the main entrance, under a porch.
- Grand Senora Desert, at the end of a cul-de-sac.
- Tri-Cycles Race Bike
- End of Del Perro Pier
|A Hold the Wheel vehicle is available. Hold the vehicle when the time runs out to earn cash and RP.|
|Enter the vehicle to start Hold the Wheel.|
|Get on the vehicle to start Hold the Wheel.|
|Get in the vehicle to win the event|
|Get on the vehicle to win the event|
|Get in with other players to share the reward.|
Another soundtrack named "Sudden Death" will play during the Sudden Death phase after the 30 second Freemode Event countdown has finished playing.
- The event is known as "Pass the Parcel" and "PTP" in the game files.