The mission is started by walking into the blue circle in the middle of the graveyard. Then, the player will lose all weapons apart from fists, and the player will be given three Timebombs, which are dropped by touching the icon on the touch screen. The player can gain weapons throughout the mission by looking for the green dots on the radar and picking them up, as the player advances to the, powerful weapon will begin to appear in later rounds.
If the player reached and completed Round 6 of the mission, he/she will be given a gold medal and a percentage going to 100%. Leaving the mission area or getting killed will fail the mission.
The player will then have relentless waves of 'hobos' chasing after them at the start, the hobos have little health and no weapons, apart from fists. As the player goes through the levels, they become progressively stronger and better equipped.
To score in Hobotron, collect the money the hobos drop. The player can get more money, depending on the way they kill them, and the weapon they had equipped.
- Watch out for the hobos with swords. No matter how much health or armor equipped, they normally are one-hit kills, even on Huang. They also, however, have the inadvertent ability to take out enemies that comes towards the player.
- If Huang sees a hobo with fire in his hands then it is recommended to kill him quickly, as he will explode when he gets close enough to Huang. If one is killed before reaching the player, however, he will explode, dealing damage to any Hobos (or the player if they are nearby) around him.
- Collect the money they drop as soon as possible, as it disappears quickly.
- Be careful when using heavy weapons as they slow Huang's speed down and, like the shotgun, forcing him to stop when in use. Stick to lighter weapons when necessary in the later rounds as although the hobos will take more hits from them, it would be a safe distance away.
- If the player is having trouble with this, try getting the 'Double Armor' upgrade (by completing 5 vigilante waves with 100% kill rate) and 'Regenerating Health' (by getting a gold medal or higher in both Dragon Wagon noodle run missions).