The Hidden Interiors Universe refers to a place in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas which houses all the hidden and shown interiors or places in the State of San Andreas. The term interior world originates from the characteristics of the world, it is up in the sky, above the height limit for aircraft and contains lots of interiors from the game, used and unused. The normal game world is invisible if the player drops down to it.
The most common way of accessing the interior universe is through Ganton Gym or by utilizing the use of trainers or cheatdevice codes. How to enter Hidden Interiors Universe via Ganton Gym:
1. Enter the Ganton Gym.
2. Kill the four people inside.
3. Enter the Jetpack cheat.
4. Go to the entrance with the yellow marker and fly up.
Now you are in Hidden Interiors Universe!
Even though the interior universe is a place itself, it contains many markers that allow the player to enter another place or hidden interior in the state of San Andreas.
- Ganton Gym- start of hidden interior
- Well Stacked Pizza
- El Quebrados Police Station
- Madd Dogg's Crib
- Crack Den
- Vank Hoff Hotel
- Burning Desire House
- Many Burglary houses can also be seen.
- 2 Brothels
- Blastin' Fools Records
- Las Venturas Police Department
- Las Venturas Planning Department
- Johnson House
- B Dup's Apartment
- Helena Wankstein's Farm
- Jizzy's Pleasure Domes
- Tattoo Parlor (Las Venturas)
- Sex Shop XXX
- Inside Track
- The Big Spread Ranch
- Wheel Arch Angels
- Burglary Houses
- Loco Low Co.
- Reece's Hair & Facial Studio
- Caligula's office
- Katie Zhan's House
- Ryder's House
- B Dup's Crack Palace
- Big Smoke's Crack Palace
- The Pig Pen
- Several Burglary Houses
- Liberty City
- Sub Urban
- Ten Green Bottles
- Doherty Garage
- Caligula's Palace
- Burglary House
- Denise Robinson's House
- Sweet Johnson's House
- Sindacco Abattoir
- Safe House
- Wu Zi Mu's Apartment
- The Welcome Pump
- Hyman Memorial Stadium- it appears in Vice City, but does not appear in San Andreas.
- Burger Shot
- San Fierro Police Headquarters
- The Four Dragons Casino, and the Janitor room appears as well.
- RC Battle Ground
- Motel Room
- Zero's RC Shop
- Los Santos Police Department
- Cobra Marital Arts
- Millie Perkins' Home
- Secret Valley
- Los Santos International Airport
- Francis International Airport
- Kickstart Stadium
- Didier Sachs
Vehicles are only visible if they are specifically made to exist in that universe. Cars are normally invisible in the interior world, however there are a few certain times they are visible this includes:
- Sentinel - Saint Mark's Bistro
- Forklift - Breaking the Bank at Caligula's
- PCJ-600 - during the mission Stowaway
- A Car in a Mod Shop
- A Car in a Stadium event
- S.W.A.T. in End of The Line
- If the player manages to store cars, and go to the Doherty garage whilst in the interior world then the player can drive the car, but cannot see very well.
Also note that in the interior world the player cannot spawn a car using cheats. A "cheat activated" sign will appear, but no car will be spawned. It is possible to spawn cars in the interior world using trainers.
- The interior universe contains many places and interiors, some are used, others are not. One such example is a warehouse, which was never seen in GTA San Andreas. The unused places could have been made for the Beta, though.
- The color of the sky will often change when the player enters yellow markers, for example, entering the large warehouse interior will make the sky appear blue.
- Many unused, deleted versions of common interiors are found in the interior world, such as a few unused 24/7's, an Ammunation with two floors and a safehouse.
- Most interiors are in this sky, but some are located inside their actual buildings or under the ground, some of these include The Welcome Pump, Abandoned AC Tower, Sherman Dam Generator Hall, Lil' Probe Inn, Atrium, CJ's garage in Doherty, the Area 69 interior and both cutscene rooms from the Four Dragons Casino.
- A small section of snowy Liberty City appears in the Saint Mark's Bistro mission in GTA San Andreas. Outside of this mission, the location can be accessed via a non-solid section of the Ganton gym.
- Dropping down from any interior in the sky will cause the player to fall for about one minute and will eventually hit San Andreas and be wasted. Alternatively, the player may also fall into water.
- A handful of Interiors, such as the Atrium, are special because their respective buildings have windows on them, which you can see through. However, to achieve this, game designers had to place the interior of the building inside the actual building and render the immediate area surrounding the building to a certain radius away from it. For example, in the Atrium, if the player is in the interior and he looks through one of the large windows, he may see the street in front of the interior, along with a few buildings, trees and objects in their respective places. However, the player may notice that he cannot see beyond a certain point. This is because a small section of Los Santos surrounding the Atrium is still rendered around the Atrium, so it can be visible if the player looks outside, for a touch of realism. However, this method was not used for designing all interiors in San Andreas, because they are located in the sky, and as a result, most of the interiors (such as The Johnson House, Burger Shot, etc.) have windows that you cannot see through.
- GTA San Andreas is not the only GTA game with a hidden interiors universe, some examples are GTA Vice City and Vice City Stories.
- In GTA San Andreas when you enter an interior (in the normal world), the game will load the interior from the Hidden Interiors Universe.