|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
Thermal Charges is a mandatory prep mission featured in Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the The Diamond Casino Heist update. It is a freeroam mission needed to progress The Diamond Casino Heist. Completing this setup gives players thermal charges to open locked gates inside the vault during the Aggressive Approach. There are two possible missions for this prep.
- "So, plan A was to steal our charges from a local munitions warehouse. Then some rednecks from up north stole them for a round of explosive baseball, so, plan B is to steal 'em right back. They've been partying for seventy-two hours straight, so this should be like taking candy from a really drunk baby."
- ―Lester's briefing.
Lester informs the player that rednecks from Blaine County have stolen the charges from where they were originally going to be sourced from, so the player must steal them from a party. This party can be in locations such as Ortega's Trailer near the Zancudo River or Cholla Springs Avenue in Sandy Shores. Once there, the player can walk in and take the thermal charges, but the rednecks will become hostile and attack them. They will continue to chase them in red Bodhis until they reach their Arcade, then the mission is complete.
- "Alright, today we're going to do a little sightseeing. I hear SecuroServ warehouses are lovely this time of year... particularly if you're after explosives for a big casino job. Get through as many warehouses as you can to grab all the charges we need. And... expect some angry agents."
- ―Lester's briefing.
Lester informs the player that they must head to a SecuroServ warehouse to steal the charges. Warehouses include one on Popular Street in Cypress Flats and one at LSIA. Once there, they must take out all the SecuroServ agents outside before entering the warehouse. Once inside, they must fight off more agents while searching for the charges. While the charges are collected, agents will chase down the player with Buzzards until both charges are delivered to the Arcade, then which the mission is complete.
- "Hot tamales! Should take us through a few security doors. Bring it home... carefully."
- ―After collecting a thermal charge. (For both missions)
- "Alright, those should be more than enough to blast through the last section of tunnel wall and take you right into the belly of the beast. Should be some left over to get through a few security doors too. Bring it in. Carefully."
- ―After collecting a breaching charge.