|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
Reinforced Armor is an optional prep mission featured in Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the The Diamond Casino Heist update. It is a freeroam mission needed to progress The Diamond Casino Heist. Completing this setup give players reinforced armor to protect them during the Aggressive Approach. There are two possible missions for this prep.
- — Lester's briefing.
Lester informs the player that Merryweather Security is developing some experimental body armor over at Humane Labs and Research and that these can help against the guards at the casino. Once arriving at Humane Labs, Lester says the front door is on lockdown, so they must put on the provided scuba suit and use the underwater back entrance (the same entrance used in Monkey Business) to get inside.
After swimming through the tunnel and reaching the elevator, the Merryweather agents will become hostile as the player searches for the reinforced armor. When they are collected, the player must head outside through the elevator, where they'll face more Merryweather agents and receive a three-star wanted level. After escaping the wanted level and delivering the armor, the mission is complete.
- — When reaching Humane Labs.
- — While swimming in the cooling tunnel.
- — When entering the facility.
- — After collecting the armor.
- — When exiting outside with the armor.
- — Lester's briefing.
Lester informs the player that Merryweather Security has the armor needed for the heist, and that it is inside their bunker. Once the player arrives and enters through the security hatch, they can attempt to sneak through the bunker, but if they are caught, the Merryweather agents become hostile and the player must fend them off while searching for the armor. When exiting, the player can take the Insurgent inside with them for protection while delivering. Once both sets of armor are delivered to the Arcade, the mission is complete.
- — When approaching the bunker.
- When approaching Humane Labs & Research during the respective mission type, Lester says that the method of swimming through the back entrance to enter the facility has "been done before." This is very likely a reference to the story mission Monkey Business, where Michael, Steve, and Dave gain entry to the facility through the back entrance in a similar manner.
- During the Humane Labs mission variant, the alarm for the facility used to be extremely loud and could be heard across the map. The alarm has since been changed to a different, quieter sound.