|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Steal power drills for the safety deposit boxes inside the vault."
Power Drills is an optional prep mission featured in Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the The Diamond Casino Heist update. It is a freeroam mission needed to progress The Diamond Casino Heist. This prep allows players to open safety deposit boxes for extra money while inside the vault. Once the mission is started, the player is given one of two possible mission variants.
- "Okay, we're going after some big power drills. They won't get us into the vault, but they might help us with the safety deposit boxes when we're in there. Should be easy, right? Head to this construction site and see if you can find some. I'd send you to a hardware store, only... we don't want these coming up on a shark card statement."
- ―Lester's Briefing.
Players must go to a construction site to find the drills. They can be in locations such as the Alta Construction Site or the uncompleted cul-de-sac in Mirror Park. Once there, the player can put on a hard hat to disguise themselves and not get caught by the guards. They must search five different toolboxes for the drills, of which two will actually have one. If the player spooks the workers or alerts a guard, Lester will scold them and they will obtain a three-star wanted level. Once the drills are delivered the Arcade, the mission is complete.
- "You might wanna blend in while walking around there just in case these guys clock you're not paying your union dues."
- ―When reaching the construction site.
- "You got the drills. Bring 'em back and we can call it a day."
- ―When obtaining all drills.
- If the player puts on the hard hat, they will immediately take it off in a couple seconds, defeating the purpose of the disguise.
- "Okay, we're going after some big power drills. They won't get us into the vault, but they might help us with the safety deposit boxes when we're in there. This should be easy, right? Head to this construction site, they keep their tools in their vans. Take one of 'em and bring it in. It'll have everything we need. I-I'd send you to a hardware store, only... we don't want these coming up on a shark card statement."
- ―Lester's Briefing.
Players must head to a construction site to steal a McGill-Olsen Construction van with the drills inside. This can be at locations such as the Redwood Lights Track or the construction site in Paleto Bay.
Once there, they must steal the van from the driver and deliver it back to the Arcade. If the driver is spooked, they will drive faster and Lester will tell the player to stop them, but not kill them. If the player does kill the driver, Lester will scold them and they will obtain a three-star wanted level, which needs to be evaded before the van can be delivered to the Arcade. Alternatively, blowing up the truck will make two drills drop, which players can pick up and deliver to the Arcade after losing the cops.
- "I guess they don't like people trying to steal their tools. Knock them out if you have to, but try not to kill them. We don't need the heat or the guilty conscience. "
- ―If the driver of the van is spooked and drives off.
- "Of course, you just had to kill somebody. The cops will be on their way. This was supposed to be lowkey and kinda chill!"
- ―After killing the driver.
- "Good, you got the van, bring it back here in one piece, please."
- ―After obtaining the van.