|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "The first rule in the art of war is to know your enemy, which I interpret to mean observing their every move through a highly mobile, extremely discreet nano drone. Now, the cops use drones all over town, through you probably never noticed till now. Bring a bunch of 'em down, don't worry about being gentle, they're tough... and salvage the parts. I'll put it all back together, only much smaller, and we'll have the perfect nano tool for breaching the Diamond's "unbreachable" security."
- ―Lester's briefing.
Nano Drones is a mandatory prep mission featured in Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the The Diamond Casino Heist update. It is a freeroam mission needed to progress The Diamond Casino Heist. Completing this setup allows players to use Nano Drones during the heist to take out enemies during the Silent & Sneaky approach.
Lester informs the player that there are drones used by the LSPD to patrol the city, and that if the player can salvage the parts, he can reassemble them into smaller drones to be used during the heist.
There are five drones throughout the city, in places such as ULSA and Legion Square. Destroying them drops drone parts, which can then be picked up by the player. There are also police positioned near these drones, so destroying them almost guarantees a wanted level. Once all drone parts are collected and delivered to the Arcade, the mission is complete.
- "Bingo, that should be everything I need to create a bespoke, undetectable masterpiece of surveillance technology. And when I say undetectable, I mean undetectable, just ask the lady across the street from me. She won't know what you're talking about."
- ―After collecting all drone parts.
Bugs And Glitches
- Occasionally, destroying a drone will cause the parts to be stuck in mid-air where the drone was. These can still be collected, however.
- Furthermore, if a drone is not destroyed before contact with the ground, it may get stuck under the world. This makes it impossible to get the drone parts.
- Despite the mission being listed as a mandatory prep, players can choose to completely ignore the use of the nano-drones during the heist itself.