|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "The moment we have been waiting for has arrived, kapitan. One of Mr. Rubio's smuggler boats has been captured by the police. This is our chance to acquire it for ourselves, and use it to approach the island without raising suspicion. It is still on its trailer outside the police station, if we act quickly we can get it before it is taken somewhere more secure."
- — One of Pavel's briefings.
Longfin is a prep mission featured in Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the The Cayo Perico Heist update, and a freeroam mission that can be completed at any time while The Cayo Perico Heist strand is active. It is one of six missions within the Approach Vehicle category that is mandatory for completion, but becomes optional if another of the missions has been completed.
Pavel tells the player that the LSPD has captured one of Juan Strickler's boats which he uses for smuggling, providing an opportunity for them. He tasks them with heading to the marked police station that has the boat, loaded up on a trailer, advising them to secure a truck cab along the way, before stealing the boat, losing the cops, and bringing the vessel to a secure warehouse at the docks.
Pavel informs the protagonist that if they can secure a Longfin, they can approach the island covertly by pursuing as drug runners. He then reveals that one such boat has just been seized by the LSPD and is currently being detained on a trailer at a police station in Downtown Vinewood, Vespucci or La Mesa.
Players are initially sent to the marked police station where the boat is held, before Pavel advises them to secure a Phantom truck cab for the job, highlighting three that can be taken. The two highlighted truck cabs next to each other on the map are the regular Phantoms, guarded by a Security Guard, who will shoot at the player when trying to steal the truck, with some workers nearby, who will attack with fists if the player is unarmed. The truck cab by itself is a Phantom Wedge, guarded by The Professionals with a Technical Custom.
The player can also use any other truck cabs in traffic, their own Phantom Wedge, or their Mobile Operations Center cab to take the trailer. Pavel will comment on the player's use of their own truck, should they choose to do so.
Once players have secured a truck cab, they must hitch it to the trailer and (optionally) fight off the LSPD and NOOSE officers guarding it; regardless, the player will attain a three-star Wanted Level (though without any Police Mavericks being dispatched, likely for gameplay reasons). At this point, they must lose the Cops. After losing the Cops, the Longfin must be delivered to a warehouse at Elysian Island. Destroying the trailer will result in mission failure.
- If the player arrives at the drop-off point with their own MOC cab, the game will instruct the player to leave the vehicle, only to immediately tell the player to reenter the vehicle when they leave, making the mission unable to be completed.
- If the player drives the flatbed in the Los Santos Storm Drain after losing the cops, the mission will fail. It is unknown why this occurs.
- After delivering the Longfin with the Phantom Wedge, the same truck, now burning, will be parked in the same position it was in at the delivery marker. This may have been a developer oversight.