The Heart Stopper is a meal served at Burger Shot in Grand Theft Auto IV. It can't be ordered, but is visible through menus and advertisements, and may be eaten with a friend since the player is charged $100.[ ]
The Burger, as stated in the ads, is 'Super-Sized', having 7 beef patties. The aptly named burger consists of seven patties and a total of six pounds of meat and cheese. The ads have a man calling 911, suffering a heart attack then shifting to a logo of Burger Shot. The motto of the Heart Stopper is, "Oh, I think my heart just stopped!". The player can watch TV to see the commercial. The ads can be seen on billboards and signs, and also in the On Liberty issue that comes with the PC version of the game. The burger can be seen on a TV ad and a mission where Niko Bellic goes to a vantage point in upper Algonquin and snipes a TV watcher who is sighting the commercial. It's seen on burgershot.net, which states that, "Amazingly; after you eat one; you'll be hungry an hour later".
The burger appears to be influenced by burgers like the Big Mac and Whopper, as well as the burgers served at the infamous Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas, which has gained notoriety due to its unusually large and unhealthy menu items and the fact that some of its spokespeople and patrons have died or become ill from eating the burgers.
- On the advertisement, "responsible" is misspelled "respondsible".
- A crumpled slideshow advert for the Heart Stopper can be found on a street opposite the Central Los Santos Medical Center in Grand Theft Auto V.
- ↑ Johnson, Weldon B. (March 3, 2011). 575-pound Heart Attack Grill spokesman dies. The Arizona Republic. Retrieved on March 4, 2011.
- ↑ Takahashi, Paul (February 11, 2013). Heart Attack Grill spokesman dies from heart attack. Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved on February 12, 2013.
- ↑ Jaslow, Ryan (February 15, 2012). Man suffers heart attack at Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas: Report. CBS News. Retrieved on February 15, 2012.