Hawick is a neighborhood located in Vinewood, Los Santos in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online. It is bordered by Rockford Plaza, Burton and West Vinewood to the west, Alta to the south, East Vinewood to the east, and the rest of Vinewood to the north.
Hawick is primarily a shopping district. There are several stores located in Hawick, including Ammu-Nation, Hippy Feet, and Suburban. There is one main road that passes through Hawick and contains most of the businesses. Despite Hawick's close proximity to Rockford Hills, it does not feature many luxury businesses. It likely serves as a commercial area for East Vinewood and Mirror Park to the east.
Events of GTA V
The mission Eye In The Sky partially takes place over Hawick, while Trevor is piloting a Maverick looking for Chad Mulligan. Occasionally, Michael De Santa can be seen dropping off his wife in his Tailgater to let her go shopping. He tells her to not spend too much.
Hawick's name and appearances appears to be based on the Melrose District of Los Angeles, as Melrose and Hawick are both Scottish towns.
Roads and Streets
- Alta Place
- Bridge Street
- Hawick Avenue
- Laguna Place
- Las Lagunas Boulevard
- Meteor Street
- Power Street
- Spanish Avenue
- Strawberry Avenue
Places of Interest
- 1162 Power Street
- 2143 Las Lagunas Boulevard
- Badger Building (Capitol Records Building)
- Callisto Apartments
- Epsilon Center (Church Of Scientology Celebrity Centre International)
- Galileo House
- Vinewood Gardens Hotel
- Acting Up (Melrose Tattoo)
- Auto Exotic
- Crucial Fix
- The Fish Net Restaurant (The Foundry on Melrose)
- Flickers Comics (Golden Apple Comics)
- Gear Clothing (Yonada Inc.)
- Hair on Hawick
- Harsh Souls
- Hawaiian Snow (Burton & Channel Islands Surfboards)
- High Time
- Ink Inc.
- Lârss & Elbö (Urban Outfitters)
- Lettuce Be
- Mattress of Fact (Melrose Carpet)
- Oeuvre Gallery
- Period Rags (American Vintage)
- Periscope (James Perse/The Cove)
- Pop's Pills
- Vinewood Music (Melrose Music)
- Vinewood Plaza (Sunset Plaza)
- Vinewood Sports LS
- White Widow
- Yeti (Loyal Army clothing)
- Hawick is a town in Roxburghshire, Scotland, approximately 50 miles south of Rockstar North's Edinburgh headquarters. Around the time of the game's release, a Hawick councilor expressed his "disgust" at Hawick's name being used to represent a "druggie hipster" district, claiming it could "destroy Hawick's reputation".