|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Ever feel like you have a bullseye painted right on your back? Well this time, you can pop as much of that anxiety medicine as you like - they're heavily armed, and they're really out to get you. Two teams each have a marked player - though who it is changes every minute - and the rest is bloody history: kill the other team's hard target and protect your own. Bonus points if one target manages to kill the other."
- — Description.
- "As it turns out, those imaginary haters you're always ranting about are real, heavily armed and totally out to get you. Jump into Hardest Target, a brand new mode now available in GTA Online with a clean objective - slaughter the other team's Target and protect your own at all costs. Only the Target's life matters (and you can rack up bonus points for Target-on-Target violence), so the gung-ho approach is strongly recommended. Keep an eye on the timer though - the designated Target switches every minute, meaning you could find yourself attracting some unwanted attention at the drop of a hat."
- — Rockstar Newswire Description.
This is a 2-team adversary mode. At the start, one player from each team will be turned into the target - they have more armour than regular players. Every minute, a new player will become the target.
Killing the enemy's target will award the team a single point; if a target is killed by the other target, the team will be awarded three points instead.
Weapons, such as assault rifles, shotguns, and grenades, are scattered around the maps for the players to pick up and use.
|Hardest Target I takes place in Rancho.|
|Hardest Target II takes place at the O'Neil Ranch in Grapeseed.|
|Hardest Target III takes place in Paleto Bay.|
|Hardest Target IV takes place in Sandy Shores.|
|Hardest Target V takes place at Humane Labs and Research.|
|Hardest Target VI takes place at the Pacific Bluffs Country Club, Pacific Bluffs.|
|Hardest Target VII takes place at Pier 400, Elysian Island.|
|Released in Arena War|
|Missile Base - Hardest Target* takes place in the missile base from The Doomsday Scenario.|
* This map is listed as part of its own group.
- Hardest Target I on Social Club
- Hardest Target II on Social Club
- Hardest Target III on Social Club
- Hardest Target IV on Social Club
- Hardest Target V on Social Club
- Hardest Target VI on Social Club
- Hardest Target VII on Social Club
- Missile Base - Hardest Target on Social Club