Events of GTA Online
In Grand Theft Auto Online, Hao makes a brief appearance delivering a vehicle for the player to race against Lamar. He also works as the mechanic for the Los Santos Customs shop near Los Santos International Airport.
Events of GTA V
In Grand Theft Auto V, Hao challenges Franklin to a street race against him and his friends. Following the race, the player can join four more street races around the city. He also has a brief appearance during the mission Father/Son, when Franklin takes Amanda De Santa's car to Los Santos Customs. Here, Hao fixes Amanda's car.
Events of GTA Online: Los Santos Tuners
|This article (or section) refers to content in the Enhanced version for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC release of Grand Theft Auto Online that may be absent from other versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the Enhanced version for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC version of Grand Theft Auto Online, please see here.
- Hao: "And then I told him... "I'm sure they got a really beautiful silver medal with your name on it"."
- Mimi: "Weren't that the race you won, like, third in?"
- Hao: "Girl? If I'd known you was watching, I'd a smoked all 'em fools."
- —Hao and Mimi in the LS Car Meet introduction cutscene.
Hao appears in the LS Car Meet opening cutscene of the GTA Online: Los Santos Tuners update. He is having a conversation with Mimi, boasting about his "silver medal" conversation with Franklin, where Mimi claims Hao actually finished third, when the player approaches and interrupts. Hao provides the initial in-depth introduction to the Car Meet. He also sends the player a message when he unlocks the Pursuit Series races at Car Meet Reputation level 5.
He can often be found attending the meets looking at the cars, while his updated orange Penumbra will be found parked in one of the spots.
He wears a black sando shirt with a crucifix pendant and has tattoos on his left arm. As of 2021, he wears a white sando shirt with the same pendant, and has tattoos on both arms.
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
Los Santos Tuners
- LS Car Meet introduction cutscene.
- If Franklin purchases the Los Santos Customs garage on Route 68, south of Sandy Shores in Harmony, Hao will send Franklin an email shortly afterwards. In the email, Hao talks about Franklin buying the shop, and asks Franklin not to make Hao call him "boss", despite working in a different garage.
- Hao expresses a dislike for Lamar Davis, as in his email he refers to Lamar as a "shit-talker".
- Hao's dialogue in Father/Son will vary depending on Franklin's performance in the street races. If Franklin won the last race he participated in, Hao will vow to win the next one. If Franklin lost, Hao will taunt Franklin about his loss. If Franklin hasn't taken part in one yet, Hao will encourage Franklin to do so.
- Hao seems to be based on Big Lou from Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005).
- Los Santos Customs Mechanic - Mechanic who appears in most Los Santos Customs branches in Grand Theft Auto Online.
- Garage Mechanic - The player's personal mechanic that repairs and delivers their personal vehicles in GTA Online.
- G. James - Random NPC mechanic appearing in GTA V.
- J. Donner - Random NPC mechanic appearing in GTA V.
- Benny - Owner of Benny's Original Motor Works and vehicle customization mechanic in GTA Online.
- Zach - Motorcycle mechanic who appears inside the Clubhouse Bike Shop in GTA Online.
- Office Mechanic - Mechanic who appears in offices if a Custom Auto Shop is added in GTA Online.
- Warehouse Mechanic - Mechanic who appears inside the Vehicle Warehouse in GTA Online.
- Charlie Reed - Aircraft mechanic who appears inside the Hangar Workshop in GTA Online.
- Chester McCoy - The weaponized vehicle mechanic and weapon modification technician in Bunkers, Facilities, Arena Workshop, Mobile Operations Centers and Avengers in GTA Online.
- Sacha Yetarian - The Arena vehicle mechanic in the Arena Workshop in GTA Online.
- Benny's OMW Mechanic - The lowrider vehicle mechanic in the Arena Workshop in GTA Online.