The Gumshoe appears to have a satellite dish, with some additional radio equipment mounted on its roof, similar to the News Van. The van only appears to be manufactured in a light bluish-gray color.
Although it cannot be commandeered by the player, the van appears to have a slightly greater acceleration than the normal Burrito. This can be seen seen in Sources when the camera man flees the TV studio, and in the mission Scrambled, where the final Gumshoe drives away rapidly and its occupants fire at Huang if he gets too close.
- This vehicle appears only in the missions Sources for Melanie Mallard and Scrambled for Wade Heston. It is impossible to obtain during free roam mode. In both missions, the player is forced to destroy the Gumshoes, and there is no way to obtain one via purposeful mission-failing.
- The Gumshoe parked in the back alley in Scrambled is locked and fixed to the ground; the van will not move if the player rams into it with another car. Instead, the vehicle takes on properties of solid surfaces (ex. walls, buildings, bridges, etc.). However, running into the van with another vehicle, does degrade its health.
- In Scrambled, if the player manages to get within hijacking range of the moving Gumshoe (without being killed in the ordeal), the "carjack" button will not appear (on iOS). On PSP, the button will simply be disabled.
- In Sources, the camera man flees in a Gumshoe, but doesn't affect the player's radar.
- In both missions, the Gumshoes disappear immediately upon being destroyed by the player.
- Overall, there are three Gumshoes in the game. One in Sources, and two in Scrambled.