|This article refers to the official score of Grand Theft Auto V. Some of these scores may appear in Volume 2 of The Music of Grand Theft Auto V.|
Disambiguous article for all soundtracks in Grand Theft Auto V.
- 1 Soundtracks
- 2 Grand Theft Auto Online
- 3 Other Soundtracks
- 4 Wanted Level Soundtrack
- 5 Track Names
- 5.1 By BA/Metz
- 5.2 By The Alchemist and Oh No
- 5.3 By Tangerine Dream
- 5.4 By Woody Jackson
- 5.5 Added in the High Life Update
- 5.6 Added in the Enhanced Version of GTA V
- 5.7 Added in the Heists Update
- 5.8 Added in the Freemode Events Update
- 5.9 Added in the Lowriders update
- 5.10 Added in the Further Adventures in Finance and Felony update
- 5.11 Added in the Bikers update
- 5.12 Added in the Import/Export update
- 5.13 Added in the Smuggler's Run update
- 5.14 Added in the Doomsday Heist update
- 5.15 Added in the Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series update
- 5.16 Added in the Arena War update
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
All Grand Theft Auto V mission soundtracks. These are entirely scripted and do not vary each play-through.
Note the following missions do not feature any soundtracks:
- Heist Setups
Note the following setups do not feature any soundtracks:
- Altruist Camp
Soundtrack/Music found playing at the Altruist Cult Camp in Grand Theft Auto V.
- Arms Trafficking
- Epsilon Theme
This unique theme can be heard during Epsilon missions, as well as in the Epsilon Building and when visiting the Epsilon website.
- Flight School
Background theme/soundtrack for Triathlon missions in Grand Theft Auto V. The start of the soundtrack signifies the swimming part, halfway through signifies the cycling part, and the last 10 minutes represent the running part.
Soundtrack for Yoga activity in Grand Theft Auto V.
Grand Theft Auto Online
With the continuous release of content updates for Grand Theft Auto Online, the official Grand Theft Auto V Score is forever expanding. GTA Online sees the addition of other genres, such as electronic pop, rap and trap. After the Heists Update, Tangerine Dream are no longer working with Rockstar Games in producing soundtracks for GTA Online, due to the departure of Edgar Froese, who passed away shortly before the release of the Heists Update. The Freemode Events Update releases several unused Tangerine Dream tracks.
- Contact Missions
- Job Countdown
- Flight School Missions
- Gang Attacks
- Heists Soundtracks
Exclusively introduced into the Heists Update for Grand Theft Auto Online, soundtracks followed on the same role as normal mission soundtracks, and play randomly during heists or heist setups. Note that variations of similar songs appear, just like the soundtracks in GTA Online missions. The music becomes more intense as certain objectives are completed or certain tasks are performed, for example, after firing weaponry at Merryweather Units in Pacific Standard - Convoy, a drum beat and heavier rhythm will be introduced into the soundtrack.
So far, there are 8 Heist Soundtracks in GTA Online. Any track can play in any heist at any appropriate moment, however, some appear in heists more common than others.
One soundtrack can be found in the game files, but is not featured in any of the final heist setups or finale missions.
Alternate variants of several heist tracks were used during Rockstar Games Livestreams. These use different stems and are notably different in length and instruments used.
- Freemode Events
Added as part of the Lowriders update for Grand Theft Auto Online for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. These new soundtracks play during the featured lowrider missions. More were subsequently added as part of the Lowriders: Custom Classics update.
- Further Adventure in Finance and Felony
As part of the Further Adventures in Finance and Felony update, numerous mission soundtracks were added, which play during the Adversary Mode "Power Play". Like other mission themes, these intensify as the mission/work progresses.
Also playing are Wanted level soundtracks which play during VIP Work and VIP Challenges.
New soundtracks play during Bikers missions in GTA Online.
New soundtracks were added with the Import/Export update for GTA Online. These play when sourcing or selling a vehicle and for the Special Vehicle missions. Like other mission themes, the songs intensify or de-intensify as the mission/work progresses.
Import/Export soundtracks were composed by Take A Daytrip.
New soundtracks were added with the Gunrunning update for GTA Online. These play when sourcing or selling Supplies and for Mobile Operations. Like other mission themes, the songs intensify or de-intensify as the mission/work progresses.
Gunrunning soundtracks were composed by Oh No.
- Smuggler's Run
New soundtracks were added with the Smuggler's Run for GTA Online. These play when sourcing or selling Air Freight Cargo and during Adversary Modes Motor Wars, Bombushka Run and Stockpile. Like other mission themes, the songs intensify or de-intensify as the mission/work progresses.
Smuggler's Run soundtracks were composed by Oh No.
- The Doomsday Heists
There are also several Adversary Mode soundtracks yet to be used.
Doomsday Heists soundtracks were composed by Oh No.
- Loading Theme
This track is heard when loading the game at any point. Depending on how long the game takes to load (further depending on the platform), the soundtrack has different parts. The loading theme used was created by Tangerine Dream, named "Mona Da Vinci", from 2011.
- Pause Menu Theme
When the game is paused, after around 1 minute, a pause menu theme will begin to play. It will play in any of the menu options, be it map, gallery, or friends. It is also heard when creating the GTA Online player. It is not heard in GTA Online. The pause menu theme was created by Tangerine Dream, named "Greyhound". It is not heard anywhere else in-game. A full-mix of the soundtrack can be found in the files.
- Flying Theme
When flying in a vehicle without the radio on (but the music volume on full), eventually a flying theme will play. It will become more and more intense as the player flies around. It begins to fade once the player nears the ground, or fully lands. This plays in both GTA V and GTA Online. Land vehicles which can fly, such as the Deluxo and Oppressor, do not activate this soundtrack.
Wanted Level Soundtrack
Once the player gains 3 stars or more, a Wanted Level Soundtrack will begin to play. The soundtracks can only be heard on foot, or in a vehicle when the radio is turned off.
At 3 stars, the soundtracks will remain low pace, "calm" and a small beat will be heard. The soundtrack usually introduces itself with a small rhythm or a high pitched noise, in most cases, this will lead to a long, slow, low-intensity beat.
At 4 stars, the soundtrack will change its pace. A strong beat will be introduced, or if there already was one, it will become more intense and notable. High pitched, long electronic sound effects found on 3 stars usually fade away, to make the beat stand out.
At 5 stars, the soundtrack is at its most intense beast. Not much of a notable difference can be heard between the 4th and 5th star; in most cases, it takes several seconds to hear a notable difference in pace. Small, quick rhythms will become notable, and the beat of drums will vary.
After 5 stars, a section known as the "Cooldown Zone" occurs. This happens when the player begins to lose the police. In simpler form, it reduces its pace, rhythm and returns back to its 3 star form. It will become much more intense and quiet, and if the player goes underground, for example, in the subways with a 5 star wanted level, the sound is echoed more for effect, adding a "tip-toe" noise effect. Once the stars are lost, a "whisper"-style whistle will occur, and the soundtrack will end.
- Original version release
So far, in the original release of GTA V, there are 11 wanted level themes.
- Enhanced Version exclusives
Several exclusive soundtracks were added in the enhanced release (XB1/PS4/PC) of GTA V. Some of these are new, or are adaptions of the original scores. So far, there are 13 wanted level themes.
This lists the in-game file names and soundtrack titles of the soundtracks featured in Grand Theft Auto V.
- Love Eggs
By The Alchemist and Oh No
- Car Steal 1 Chips
- Chop Fred Halen
- Cock Song
- Eye In The Sky Cars 2
- Funk Jam
- Funk Jam Arm 2
- Gun Novel
- PB2 Pussyface
By Tangerine Dream
- Burning Bar
- Dark Robbery
- Diamond Diary Fake
- Dr. Destructo Fake
- Scrap Yard
- Streets of Fortune
- Tought Sea Race
By Woody Jackson
- Crocodile Tears
- Mission Seven
- Nine Blurt
- RH Bulldozer
- Silver Pussy
- Sticky Vicky
- Track 8
- Vinegar Tits
Added in the High Life Update
Added in the Enhanced Version of GTA V
By Tangerine Dream and Woody Jackson
Added in the Heists Update
By Tangerine Dream and Woody Jackson
- MP Heist Track 1
- MP Heist Track 2
- MP Heist Track 3
- MP Heist Track 4
- MP Heist Track 5
- MP Heist Track 7
- MP Heist Track 8
Added in the Freemode Events Update
- Fresh Mode
- Plus One
- Sudden Death
Added in the Lowriders update
- Halloween 2015
- Low 11
- Low 12
- Low 13
- Mission 8
- Supa 18
Added in the Further Adventures in Finance and Felony update
By James Curd
- Bespoke Broke
- Car Steal
- Cliff 12
- Cliff 18
- Get on the Move
- Who Called the Popo?
- Red Square
- Arc Mac Music
- Car Steal
Added in the Bikers update
By James Curd
- Horse Rap
- Idea 1
- Idea 3
- Idea 5
- Idea 7
- Idea 8
- Take Me Back
Added in the Import/Export update
- DB Would Love This
- East of All
- Eiffel Power
- Take a Day Trip
Added in the Smuggler's Run update
By Oh No (unconfirmed)
- Smuggler Track S1
- Smuggler Track S2
- Smuggler Track S3
- Smuggler Track S4
- Smuggler Track INF
- Smuggler Track SMTB 1
- Smuggler Track SMTB 3
- Smuggler Track SMTB 4
- Smuggler Track SMTB 5
Added in the Doomsday Heist update
By Oh No (unconfirmed)
- CMH Heist 1 (+ Alt PrepVar 1 and 2)
- CMH Heist 2 (+ Alt PrepVar 1 and 2)
- CMH Heist 3 (+ Alt PrepVar 1 and 2)
- CMH Adversary Tech 6
- CMH Adversary Tech 9
- CMH Adversary Tech 10
- CMH Adversary Tech 11
Added in the Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series update
Currently the composer for these tracks is unknown
- DLC Assault Tech 1
- DLC Assault Tech 2
- DLC Assault Tech 6
- DLC Assault Tech 7
Added in the Arena War update
- DLC AWXM2018 Theme 5 Stems
- DLC AW Track 1
- DLC AW Track 2
- DLC AW Track 3
- DLC AW Track 4
- DLC AW Track 5
- DLC AW Track 6
- DLC AW Track 7
- DLC AW Track 8
Grand Theft Auto V
- Grand Theft Auto V is the first game in the entire GTA series to feature official soundtracks appearing off-mission. Most (if not all) soundtracks are composed by Tangerine Dream, Woody Jackson, The Alchemist, Oh No & DJ Shadow. The aforementioned artists have been known for their work for Grand Theft Auto V's wanted level soundtracks, mission soundtracks, activity soundtracks, official scores, Grand Theft Auto V and Online's heists/races soundtracks, The Lab's various "Welcome to Los Santos" album-titled tracks and many more.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Extra soundtracks intended to be added in the GTA Online: Import/Export update were released by Take a Daytrip themselves, naming them extras. They are named "Working", "Too Tired" and "Something Not Serious". These are available on Spotify and Soundcloud by the official band.
- The Heist Trailer's soundtrack is a combined version of Tracks 1 and 5 (numbering according to the listed tracks above).
- As of the GTA Online: Lowriders update for the enhanced version, the Triathlon Soundtrack "Tough Sea Race" will play at certain points of some Heists and Heists Setups in GTA Online:
- Fleeca Job - Kuruma - Getaway sequence in the Kuruma. Ends after all gang members have been lost.
- The Fleeca Job - Ditto. Ends after the Cargobob has been reached.
- Humane Raid - Key Codes - During the shootout with the FIB members (sometimes, no music is played).
- Humane Raid - EMP - During the infiltration of the aircraft carrier. Ends once the players have reached the main deck.
- Humane Raid - Valkyrie - During the infiltration of the warehouse and while entering the helicopter. Ends once the helicopter takes off and all ground units have been taken down.
- The Humane Labs Raid - During the escape sequence in the Valkyrie after picking up the ground crew. Ends after all Merryweather air units have been killed.
- The "SMTB" range of Smuggler's Run soundtracks indicates that a soundtrack was cut - 1, 3, 4 and 5 are present, leaving 2 missing.
- Numerous soundtracks appear to be missing or have been cut in the Doomsday Heist soundtrack names.
- Back in 2013, there was no Score track being exclusive to GTA Online. However, in 2018, there are over 80 ones only heard in online mode.
- An unused track.
- Don't Cross the Line theme.
- Unlike the other non-"Idea" tracks from Bikers, it either never plays during Deadline or plays very rarely.
- Preparation Versions are used on Prep and Setup missions. The difference between these and the original track is one or two stems.
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/4Grm5zEVjum5Pr7LvrK9Fr
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/takeadaytrip/sets/gta-online-import-export