- “It is impossible to overestimate the importance of etiquette in this line of work. To my eternal shame, a man once did me a favor and I have never had the opportunity to repay his kindness. The man's weakness is motor cars and he has requested that we acquire certain models for his collection.”
- — Kenji Kasen
Grand Theft Auto is a mission in Grand Theft Auto III, given by Yakuza co-leader Kenji Kasen to protagonist Claude from the Yakuza-owned Kenji's Casino in the Torrington district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Claude drops by Kenji's Casino looking for more work. Apparently, Kenji owes a debt to a man who once did a favor for him, and who has a great likeness for sports cars. Kenji then tasks Claude to collect three cars in Staunton and take them to a garage near the multistory car park and the Pay 'n' Spray in Newport. In addition, the cars must be delivered in perfect or near-perfect condition, or the player will be directed to the nearest Pay 'n' Spray to repair the car.
Upon delivering all three cars, the player completes the mission.
- Vehicle type and locations
- Stinger (in the courtyard parking lot south of the Liberty Tree office building in Bedford Point)
- Cheetah (in the eastern parking lot of the Carson General Hospital in Rockford)
- Infernus (in the parking lot to the south of the Liberty City Memorial Stadium in Aspatria)
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Remember the cars have to be in mint condition to be accepted by the garage
- Get out of the vehicle and walk outside
- This mission is aptly named after the Grand Theft Auto series, as well as after the criminal act in which the series is named after and based upon. Coincidentally, this mission's task is exactly what the term "Grand Theft Auto" actually means.
- The cars all have a unique cherry red paint job.
- This mission is similar to The Wheelman in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, where Huang steals the same number of cars.
- In the beta version, the player was additionally meant to deliver a Banshee and Landstalker, evidenced by the game code.
- Conveniently, the garage is located next to a Pay 'n' Spray, meaning that little time is lost if the car becomes damaged and the player must repair the car.