- Asuka: "So, the whore got away. However, you've done me a favor. You're not the only one who has a score to settle with the Cartel. This worm killed my brother!"
- Miguel: "I never killed no Yakuza!"
- Asuka: "LIAR! We all saw the Cartel assassin! We are going to hunt down and kill all of you Colombian dogs!"
- —Asuka Kasen and Miguel, after Catalina betrays Miguel and Asuka captures him
Grand Theft Aero is a mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by media mogul and businessman Donald Love from the Love Media building in the Bedford Point district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Claude drops by Donald's penthouse and Donald informs him that the packages he had previously collected were decoys, so he needs to collect the real package, which was on that plane all along. Donald states that the authorities had intercepted the plane, however he has managed to bribe them.
Claude drives to Donald's hangar at Francis International Airport on Shoreside Vale. However the Liberty City Port Authority officers have all been killed, and six Colombian Cartel gang members are waiting inside. Claude kills them and enters the Dodo, but realizes the package has gone. Noticing a Panlantic van in front of the hangar, he drives to the Panlantic construction site in Fort Staunton on Staunton Island.
Once at the construction site, he kills more Colombian Cartel gang members and uses the elevator to get to the upper levels. There, he sees Miguel and Catalina, who have Love's package. When Claude challenges them, Miguel hands him the package, which leads to Catalina shooting Miguel before she leaps out of the building and lands in a garbage bin to escape.
A little later, Asuka Kasen and the Yakuza arrive to take over the area from the Cartel. Still thinking that the Cartel killed her brother, she begins to torture Miguel. Claude then goes to Love Media to deliver the package.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to Donald's hangar.
- Kill the Colombian gang members.
- The package should be in the plane...
- The package is gone! Track down the Colombians and retrieve it.
- There's a construction yard in Staunton Island, maybe they took the package there.
- Take the package back to Donald Love.
The reward for completing this mission is $50,000. Members of the Yakuza will now be present in the area around the construction yard, engaging in shooting with the Colombians (who will also still be there). The missions Escort Service and Bait are unlocked, the latter of which will permanently disable Asuka Kasen's first strand of missions, making 100% completion impossible if not completed.
- Numerous members of the Colombian Cartel - Killed by Claude for getting in his way of finding and retrieving Donald Love's mystery package.
- At the airport, one Panlantic van is seen driving away. If the player follows it, it will get all the way to the middle of the Lift Bridge and stop there. The van will remain parked there, frozen in place. It is also bulletproof and fireproof, and if the lift bridge is raised, the van will sink through the road and float in midair below the bridge until the bridge lowers again. If Claude tries to enter the Panlantic, he will start running in circles around the van and will sometimes flinch and fall over. It is possible to obtain it before it freezes in the Lift Bridge, by blocking the van's way and pulling the driver out, but it only gets bulletproof and fireproof when it's frozen on the bridge.
- The splatter of blood around the security guards is the same as the splatter seen during Kanbu Bust Out in GTA III and inside Apartment 3C in GTA Vice City.
- After meeting Asuka Kasen, several Yakuza members can be seen guarding the perimeter of the elevator, having just broken through the walls of the construction site.
- There will be no repercussions to the mission if the player attacks the Yakuza here; however, they will retaliate.
- One of the Yakuza members can be seen taking potshots with an Uzi at a parked Cartel Cruiser nearby. The vehicle will eventually be destroyed, but standing in his line of fire will cause him to stop firing.
- The fact that the contents of the package are never revealed, coupled with the fact that everyone wants it, is a possible reference to the briefcase from Pulp Fiction.
- After the mission, Yakuza members can sometimes spawn around the construction site, engaging in shootouts with any Cartel members that would also spawn there.