- "Come live where there's nothing there!"
- ―Grand Senora Desert advertisement
It is bordered by Great Chaparral to the south, the Alamo Sea to the north, the San Chianski Mountain Range to the east, and Mount Josiah to the west. Areas in Los Santos County to the south of Route 68 including farmland are considered to be part of Great Chaparral in the official game manual.
The desert has a few notable locations, such as the Senora National Park and the towns of Sandy Shores and Harmony. Bolingbroke Penitentiary and Redwood Lights Track are also mapped as the desert in the game manual . The wildlife consists of coyotes and a few bird species, such as hawks and crows.
The area has an arid or desert climate, with hot temperatures during most of the year. Weather tends to be very sunny at times, and visual heatwaves are shown occasionally. Sandstorms occur often, while rain and thunderstorms rarely occur, but when they do, the weather becomes rough and extreme.
Places of Interest
- Lester's Safehouse
- Rebel Radio Building
- Sandy Shores Airfield
- Senora National Park including Beam Me Up
- Thomson Scrapyard
- Stoner Cement Works
Roads and Streets
- Algonquin Boulevard
- Baytree Canyon Road
- Cat-Claw Avenue
- Cholla Road
- Joshua Road
- Mount Haan Road
- Nowhere Road
- Route 68
- Senora Freeway
- Smoke Tree Road
- The name "Grande Senora" means "big lady" in Spanish, referring to the dimension of the desert.
- Despite its name, the desert's area is not that large, only being some arid lands around Sandy Shores.
- In the beta version of Grand Theft Auto V, the Grand Senora Desert was much bigger.
- There are signs on hiking paths with the name of the desert incorrectly spelled "SENOEA Desert". This was likely a typo as "R" is next to "E" on a QWERTY keyboard.
- There is an oil field at the western end of the desert that resembles Octane Springs in Bone County.
- Police Dispatch and tourist signage in-game
- Sandy Shores is mapped separately from the Grand Senora Desert area, however, the airfield is located within the Grand Senora Desert.