Events of GTA V
Not much is known about the workings of Globalpol other than their existence. They're mentioned during a Weazel News broadcast on the radio and seem to have some connection with the Los Santos Police Department.
After the mission Complications, an Internet article mentions that Globalpol shared intel that high-profile members from a number of Chinese criminal organizations (most notably the Wei Cheng Triad) have entered the U.S. illegally in recent months with a view to infiltrate the North American drug market.
After the mission Three's Company, another Internet article mentions that Globalpol is going to help on the fight against drug trafficking on the East Coast, by taking the drugs from the cities and putting back in the interior.
Events of GTA Online
- Globalpol is based on the real-life law enforcement agency, Interpol.
- If the player doesn't pull out Mr. K's tooth in By the Book, he asks Trevor if he works for Globalpol. Trevor will mishear him due to Mr. K's slurred speech and thinks he says "Globalpoo", which he mocks him for.
- An LSPD officer, internally known as 's_m_y_cop_01_black_mini_03,' will at times refer to themselves as a Globalpol agent.' This NPC even has unique lines for certain missions, such as Legal Trouble, where they describe themselves as part of a 'Globalpol taskforce.'
- D:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\x64\audio\sfx\S_MINI_SER.rpf\s_m_y_cop_01_black_mini_03.awc - COP_ARRIVAL_ANNOUNCE_01, COP_ARRIVAL_ANNOUNCE_02, COP_ARRIVAL_ANNOUNCE_03, COP_ARRIVAL_ANNOUNCE_MEGAPHONE_03, DRAW_GUN_01, FOOT_CHASE_01, JACKED_GENERIC_01, REQUEST_BACKUP_01, REQUEST_BACKUP_02 and SURROUNDED_01
- D:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\x64\audio\sfx\SS_ST.rpf\t1m4.awc - 0x18D91A86 and 0x1DDDB4D2