GTA Wiki Staff are users on GTA Wiki granted the ability and responsibility to keep the wiki running smoothly.
Purpose of Staff
The main purpose of GTA Wiki staff is to keep the wiki clean and free of vandalism, to keep it running smoothly, and mainly to help editors.
GTA Wiki staff should not use their tools to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version they prefer in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism, or use their blocking tool to block a user they have a dispute with. Their tools should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith.
The ideal GTA Wiki staff member is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the GTA Wiki community.
GTA Wiki has a noticeboard specifically for requests for promotion: GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion. Editors interested in applying for any staff rights may file for promotion on that board. A community vote will take place on whether the user may be granted the promotion. The required 'yes' percentage is 60% for patrollers, and 70% for administrators and bureaucrats.
Demotion and repromotion
Staff may request a demotion for themselves at any time. Staff demoted in this manner must reapply for administrator and bureaucrat rights on the GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion noticeboard rather than making requests directly to a bureaucrat.
Community discussions on whether to demote a current staff member also take place on the Requests for Promotion noticeboard. A percentage of 70% is required to demote an administrator or bureaucrat, 60% or unanimous consensus among bureaucrats to demote a patroller. Requests for demotion may be deleted by an uninvolved bureaucrat, but not the bureaucrat the vote was invoked against.
The Bureaucrats are senior editors on GTA Wiki. As well as being full administrators, they have management abilities where they can grant limited user rights. They can promote and demote patrollers, administrators and moderators. They can promote other users to bureaucrat although they cannot demote other bureaucrats. Demotion of users by bureaucrats on GTA Wiki is not done without a community discussion, unless absolutely necessary. In cases where the community cannot reach consensus on an issue, the bureaucrats may hold a bureaucrats-only vote to reach a decision.
• Vehicle Specialist
• General Housekeeper
The Administrators are trusted editors, equipped with the tools to keep the wiki running smoothly. They can issue blocks to troublesome editors, revert vandalism using the rollback tool, and delete, move and edit-protect pages. They are authorized to use the tools at their disposal to deal with issues facing the wiki to the best of their ability.
• General Housekeeper
• Very Active
• Vehicle Specialist
• Weapon Specialist
Patrollers are trusted editors granted the rollback tool to keep the wiki free of any vandalism. With a single click, they can revert edits. They also have the ability to move and/or rename pages and edit Administrator- or Bureaucrat-protected pages.
• Very Active
Patrollers on Probation
|Name||Date promoted||Probation Expiry|
• Automated Bot
Staff are considered inactive after a 3 month period in which they haven't made any edits to GTA Wiki. Administrators and Patrollers who are inactive even after a courtesy reminder on their user talk page shall be demoted by policy - no community vote required. Staff automatically demoted in this fashion are not entitled to re-promotion and are required to re-apply for vacant staff roles if they return.
Some staff list their best specialties, making it easier for other users to identify those who specialise in specific areas of the wiki.
- Media Specialist
These users have frequent access to specific game titles, and can obtain images, videos or audio files of different things. Contact these users if you would like a picture, video or audio file.
- Vehicle Specialist
Vehicle specialists focus their interests around vehicles, be it in-game or in real life, and will frequently maintain vehicle articles. Contact these users if you find problems with vehicle articles, or think you have found a mistake.
- Weapon Specialist
These users focus their time on one of the main focal points of the Grand Theft Auto series. They have expert knowledge of weapons in the GTA series and will be happy to engage in editing using their real-life knowledge.
- Coding Specialist
Editors who specialise in coding are heavily involved with the back end of the wiki - this could be anything from templates, to the wiki's layout, style and theme. They should be able to assist with any issues that may occur with code.
The GTA Wiki understands that English spelling and grammar don't come naturally; these users are here to help, and will regularly maintain the wiki's grammar to ensure utmost readability. If you are unsure of your own grammar in your contributions, contact these users and they will be happy to help.
- Very Active
Users who consider themselves very active typically edit every day. This means they will regularly check their messages and respond quickly. Naturally, these users usually check through the wiki activity every day. In the case of an emergency, such as vandalism, these users are likely to respond quickly.
- Social Media Manager
A small group of users are involved with the social media side of the GTA Wiki, which has accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Contact these users if you have any issues regarding these accounts.
The enforcement team will do their best to ensure the Policy is reinforced. These users have Administrative powers and deal with the administration side of the wiki. Contact them if you have any questions about the policy.
- File Manager
File managers will commonly make their way through files to ensure they meat the standards of the Media Policy. This may involve renaming files, updating their licenses, adding file summaries, replacing files with higher-quality versions, or even deleting files altogether. They may contact you if files you upload don't meet these standards.
- Chat Maintenance
The chat maintenance team are users who will commonly visit the chat, particularly when the chat is busy, or during off-peak wiki-activity hours when users may join.
- General Housekeeper
Housekeeping may involve a number of the above specializations. These users may like to think of themselves as jack of all trades. They may not specialise in specific areas of the wiki, but are willing to get involved, and are happy to assist no matter the situation.
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion - User makes request at top of page under "Active Requests".
- RfP - Users vote.
- RfP - Bureaucrat - Closes RfP - Moves to "Inactive Requests" section
- Brand new staff member? - User picks an artwork to represent their "avatar" on the Staff page, uploads a .png image in 1:1 (square) aspect ratio and picks a flag to represent their geolocation or other country of significance to them.
- New geolocation? - User uploads a .svg format flag icon for their country of residence (or other country of significance to them if desired) if it does not already exist on the wiki.
- Special:UserRights - Admin or Bureaucrat adds/moves user to appropriate rights group.
- GTA Wiki:Staff page - Admin or Bureaucrat adds/moves user to appropriate section and adds their desired Staff artwork and flag if necessary.
- GTA Wiki:About page - Staff member adds/removes user within or from the list of Staff members (if rank is higher than Patroller).
- Template:Gtawiki staff - Staff member adds/moves user in appropriate section of the template and adds their desired flag if necessary.
- MediaWiki:Wikia.css - Admin or Bureaucrat adds/moves/removes user to appropriate section. (provides colour highlighting for default Wikia skin).
- MediaWiki:Common.css/hilite.css - Admin or Bureaucrat adds/moves/removes user to appropriate section. (provides colour highlighting for all other skins).
- User profile page and User Talk page - User can apply Template:Bureaucrat, Template:Administrator, or Template:Patroller to their own pages if desired and add themselves to the Category:Staff.
Former staff are users who once had staff rights on GTA Wiki but no longer have them either through resignation or demotion. This does not include users who were staff prior to the community split.
- Leon Davis (Bureaucrat/resigned)
- LS11sVaultBoy (Bureaucrat/resigned)
- McJeff (Bureaucrat/resigned)
- Messi1983 (Bureaucrat/resigned)
- Raziel Reaper (Bureaucrat/resigned)
- Smashbro8 (Bureaucrat/demoted)
- The Tom (Bureaucrat/resigned)
- WildBrick142 (Bureaucrat/resigned)
- 558050 (Administrator/resigned)
- AndreEagle17 (Administrator/resigned)
- Bunnyjoke (Administrator/resigned)
- Carl Johnson Jr. (Administrator/resigned)
- Crescendospectredragon (Administrator/demoted)
- DocVinewood (Administrator/resigned)
- Dodo8 (Administrator/resigned)
- GTANiko (Administrator/demoted)
- Haruhi Suzumiya (Administrator/demoted)
- Mikey Klebbitz (Administrator/resigned)
- MythHunter 007 (Administrator/resigned)
- Russelnorthrop (Administrator/resigned)
- That Lamborghini Guy (Administrator/resigned)
- Thegtaseeker96 (Administrator/resigned)
- Thomas0802 (Administrator/resigned)
- WikisEditor (Administrator/demoted)
- Winter Moon (Administrator/demoted)
- AK-28 (Patroller/demoted)
- Andyxdr (Patroller/resigned)
- Bob.cutlass2 (Patroller/demoted)
- Boomer8 (Patroller/flounced)
- Derp Herpington (Patroller/resigned)
- Dunewolfz (Patroller/resigned)
- ExtremoMania (Patroller/resigned)
- GTAFan86 (patroller/resigned)
- Istalo (Patroller/resigned)
- JBanton (Patroller/resigned)
- JonTheVGNerd (Patroller/resigned)
- MarcusCheeKJ (Patroller/resigned)
- Mortsnarg (Patroller/demoted)
- Myth hunter (Patroller/resigned)
- RainingPain17 (Patroller/resigned)
- RandomGTAGamer (Patroller/demoted)
- Ronalddmjunior (Patroller/ )
- Sasquatch101 (Patroller/demoted)
- Tom Reed (Patroller/demoted)
- Tony 1998 (Patroller/resigned)