Welcome to GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion.
There are currently
Please apply below if you are interested.
GTA Wiki requires an active group of users to act as Staff.
You may apply for Rollback rights or Administrator/Bureaucrat privileges on this noticeboard. To do so, you must meet the prerequisites, and then state what position you are looking for and why you think you need the rollback and/or administrator tools.
Patrollers are given the Rollback tool that allows users to quickly revert vandalism. They are also given Chat moderator rights that allow them to kick and ban users from the wiki's chat. In addition, unlike standard contributors, they can also move and/or rename pages and edit pages protected by an Administrator or Bureaucrat.
Administrators have the power to block and ban users, protect pages, and delete pages and images, in addition to rollback, Chat moderator and move/rename rights.
Bureaucrats, in addition of the administrator tools, have the ability to promote and demote users, excluding other bureaucrats.
To qualify for rollback rights, editors must have been active for two months with no rule violations. Rollbackers must receive a 60% 'yes' percentage to be promoted. Users who apply within three months of joining will face a three month probationary period. This may also apply in situations such as activity being low, inexperience or users who were previously demoted. At the end of the three months a review will be made by Bureaucrats and Administrators to determine whether or not the user will retain their rights.
To qualify for administrator rights, editors must have been active Patrollers for four months with no rule violations. Administrators must receive a 70% 'yes' percentage to be promoted. Those applying for adminship will likely be asked questions on how they deal with certain situations. This is to see if a user has the capabilities of being an administrator.
Editors with rollback and administrator experience on other wikis are encouraged to apply, and based on the editor in question exceptions may be made to the length of time editing required for promotion.
When applying for promotion, a community vote will take place. Voting lasts 7 days, although it may be allowed to run shorter (in the case of an obvious pass/fail) or longer (in the case of a very close vote) at bureaucrat discretion. Only bureaucrats should close votes.
Application users who are caught tampering with other users' votes, such as changing a 'no' to a 'yes', will have their request closed immediately.
Please submit your requests at the top of the "Active requests" page subsection.
Requests where the voting has finished can be found at
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2011-12
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2013
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Jan 2014 Administrator Election
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2014 (Late January 2014 - Early September 2014)
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2014-15 (Late September 2014 - January 2015)
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests Early 2015 (Late January 2015 - March 2015)
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/July 2015 Administrator Election
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2015-16 (April 2015 - April 2016)
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2016-2017 (April 2016 - April 2017)
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2017-2019 (April 2017 - April 2019)