Welcome to GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion.
There are currently
Please apply below if you are interested.
GTA Wiki requires an active group of users to act as Staff.
You may apply for Rollback rights or Administrator/Bureaucrat privileges on this noticeboard. To do so, you must meet the prerequisites, and then state what position you are looking for and why you think you need the rollback and/or administrator tools.
Patrollers are given the Rollback tool that allows users to quickly revert vandalism. They are also given Chat moderator rights that allow them to kick and ban users from the wiki's chat. In addition, unlike standard contributors, they can also move and/or rename pages and edit pages protected by an Administrator or Bureaucrat.
Administrators have the power to block and ban users, protect pages, and delete pages and images, in addition to rollback, Chat moderator and move/rename rights.
Bureaucrats, in addition of the administrator tools, have the ability to promote and demote users, excluding other bureaucrats.
To qualify for rollback rights, editors must have been active for two months with no rule violations. Rollbackers must receive a 60% 'yes' percentage to be promoted. Users who apply within three months of joining will face a three month probationary period. This may also apply in situations such as activity being low, inexperience or users who were previously demoted. At the end of the three months a review will be made by Bureaucrats and Administrators to determine whether or not the user will retain their rights.
To qualify for administrator rights, editors must have been active Patrollers for four months with no rule violations. Administrators must receive a 70% 'yes' percentage to be promoted. Those applying for adminship will likely be asked questions on how they deal with certain situations. This is to see if a user has the capabilities of being an administrator.
Editors with rollback and administrator experience on other wikis are encouraged to apply, and based on the editor in question exceptions may be made to the length of time editing required for promotion.
When applying for promotion, a community vote will take place. Voting lasts 7 days, although it may be allowed to run shorter (in the case of an obvious pass/fail) or longer (in the case of a very close vote) at bureaucrat discretion. Only bureaucrats should close votes.
Application users who are caught tampering with other users' votes, such as changing a 'no' to a 'yes', will have their request closed immediately.
Please submit your requests at the top of the "Active requests" page subsection.
Requests where the voting has finished can be found at
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2011-12
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2013
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Jan 2014 Administrator Election
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2014 (Late January 2014 - Early September 2014)
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2014-15 (Late September 2014 - January 2015)
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests Early 2015 (Late January 2015 - March 2015)
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/July 2015 Administrator Election
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2015-16 (April 2015 - April 2016)
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2016-2017 (April 2016 - April 2017)
- GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Archived Requests 2017-2019 (April 2017 - April 2019)
Noirlime4L - Administrator
Okay, here goes. Since Monk is determined for a comeback, I figured I should keep up too.
So, nearly a year and a half since I went for a Patroller position, I'm still here, actively contributing. Aside from the fact that my interest towards gaming in general has degraded a lot over the months, the passion for editing the wiki remains, stronger than ever perhaps even. And in brings this RfP.
I'm noticing that as of late, with, as Monk pointed out, one modestly active Bureaucrat and a few Administrators regularly on the lookout, there hasn't been a lot of focus on the maintenance side of things. And also to note, the Staff team structure has undergone a drastic change in the recent months, I felt a change for the better might be timely.
I've grown tired of not being able to take sharp actions against ill-doers, or tackle templates, pages and files waiting to be accounted for. With Admin rights, this will definitely change and give me a chance to dig deeper into the inner-workings of a wiki.
- Yes - Monk Talk 20:25, August 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - SlashM,C 20:27, August 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - Sam Talk 21:03, August 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - 21:52, August 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - Matrexpingvin (talk) 22:46, August 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - GTAFan86 (talk) 06:35, August 9, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - kamikatsu_ Talk 20:45, August 11, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - Andy A. (Talk · Edits) 22:40, August 12, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 02:32, August 13, 2019 (UTC)
- Having been the one recommending it for a while now, I couldn't say no now :d perfect for the role, mature attitude, worthy contributor and very active too. Be good to get some up-to-date administrators in :) Monk Talk 20:25, August 8, 2019 (UTC)
- As Monk said. No concerns from me should you being promoted. Sam Talk 21:03, August 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Closing this request as Successful, a clear affirmative is the consensus here. Monk Talk 13:54, August 13, 2019 (UTC)
Monkeypolice188 - Bureaucrat
Just over one month after my last resignation, noticing that the Staff situation on the site currently isn't great, and adding that together with slightly more free-time (or rather, free wiki hours) and much more motivation to work on the site, I'm reapplying for the Bureaucrat position. It looks like we're still down to just one active bcrat and only a couple of administrators, and I feel my return may help balance things out.
Following a very, very busy DLC release which had a massive boost on the wiki activity - we reached an all-time high WAM rank and one of our highest ever peak activity duration - it's inevitable that another staff member may need to be available at-hand to deal with the recoil on this particular update and its trail of smaller events.
Hopefully you all still remember me and know how I roll :)
- Yes - SlashM,C 21:15, August 7, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - Matrexpingvin (talk) 21:26, August 7, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - Sam Talk 23:04, August 7, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - Andy A. (Talk · Edits) 23:25, August 7, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 23:46, August 7, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - GTAFan86 (talk) 09:24, August 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - 16:59, August 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - kamikatsu_ Talk 17:43, August 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - NoirlimeTalk | Contribs 20:22, August 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Been waiting for this day since you last resigned. All I can say is yes plz. SlashM,C 21:15, August 7, 2019 (UTC)
- I'll be the first to hold my hands up and say I've been neglecting my duties somewhat of late. I still monitor the Wiki daily but my personal life has become a bit more hectic in recent weeks so my editing is hit-and-miss. I say you are an absolute asset to the Wiki and I will not hesitate to have you back on the Staff. Sam Talk 23:04, August 7, 2019 (UTC)
- All good from me, I'm still very infrequent with my activity due to IRL issues. Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 23:46, August 7, 2019 (UTC)
- I am so used to see you as a Bureaucrat in here, did request you to edit my profile's protection when you're not even a staff member. So yeah, a definite yes from me. GTAFan86 (talk) 09:24, August 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Yep, no question. 16:59, August 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes without a doubt. You're a crucial part of the Staff team. NoirlimeTalk | Contribs 20:22, August 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Voting should normally run for seven days but consensus seems to be unanimous. I'm closing this request as successful now. Sam Talk 22:35, August 12, 2019 (UTC)
Matrexpingvin - Administrator
Hello, everyone! I've had this on my mind for a while and I've now decided to apply for the position of an Administrator, as there are two vacant positions.
For those who are less familiar, I've started being more active since last year, mainly working on various articles regarding GTA Online - creating, improving, or just standardising them.
After becoming a patroller back in January, I've also focused much more on monitoring new edits on the recent activity page; reverting incorrect ones and correcting grammar/spelling of valid edits, if needed. The extra tools would definitely benefit me in this regard, as I could, for example, delete new unnecessary pages (such as those created by vandals) without having to stick a "delete" template at the top and wait for someone else to take care of it.
I have also gone through the official policy a few times, learning how to properly deal with policy-violating users and vandals, something that would be easier as an admin. The tools would also help with my own editing, especially not having to leave a useless redirect, as I have already had to rename quite a few pages/files during my time on the wiki.
- Yes - SlashM,C 09:32, June 24, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - kamikatsu_ Talk 09:35, June 24, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - NoirlimeTalk | Contribs 10:04, June 24, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - Monk Talk 10:46, June 24, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - GTAFan86 (talk) 15:33, June 24, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - Sam Talk 16:16, June 24, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - 18:03, June 24, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, but... - Jeff (talk·stalk) 18:09, June 24, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - Andy A. (Talk · Edits) 19:46, June 24, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - 08:30, June 25, 2019 (UTC)
- You have my support. Heck, I might file an RfP myself too, if all's well. NoirlimeTalk | Contribs 10:04, June 24, 2019 (UTC)
- An absolute yes. And an absolute yes to the above comment too :p Monk Talk 10:46, June 24, 2019 (UTC)
- You deserve it. GTAFan86 (talk) 15:33, June 24, 2019 (UTC)
- Why not? You are already doing a good work, so being admin you will get that work much easier. 18:03, June 24, 2019 (UTC)
- In my experience, Wikia users in general adverse to using redirects for some reason. In reality, most redirects are harmless and mildly beneficial - a slight misspelling of a character's name, for example, may not be strictly necessary, but it prevents a duplicate article from being created and helps people find the actual article. Other than that one very small issue, having taken a look at your edits I see absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be promoted. Jeff (talk·stalk) 18:09, June 24, 2019 (UTC)
- First of all, I want to thank you for your vote :). When I said "not having to leave a useless redirect", I primarily meant those actually useless redirects; for example, when I create a page titled "GTA Online Bonuses (June 2019)" and then if there's another "bonuses" event that month, I have to add "Part 1" to the first one. I definitely agree that the kind of redirects you mentioned should stay. Matrexpingvin (talk) 18:56, June 24, 2019 (UTC)
- Sounds good to me, I'm convinced by your edits and consistent activity that's you'll do a good job at it. 08:30, June 25, 2019 (UTC)