Welcome to GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion.
GTA Wiki requires an active group of users to act as Staff.
You may apply for Rollback rights or Administrator/Bureaucrat privileges on this noticeboard. To do so, you must meet the prerequisites, and then state what position you are looking for and why you think you need the rollback and/or administrator tools.
Requests for Demotion (RfD) may also be posted here. Please see Demotion Rules for instructions on how to deal with Demotion posts in the correct manner.
- 1 What are Staff roles?
- 2 How does one qualify?
- 3 Rules
- 4 Active requests
- 5 Inactive requests
- 5.1 NalexandruN (aka Alex) - Patroller
- 5.2 Jibvander - Patroller
- 5.3 LS11sVaultBoy - Bureaucrat
- 5.4 BolbiiS - Administrator
- 5.5 Andyxdr - Patroller
- 5.6 Stuble - Patroller
- 5.7 LS11sVaultBoy - Administrator
- 5.8 BolbiiS - Patroller
- 5.9 Kiwismurf - Bureaucrat
- 6 Archives
What are Staff roles?
There are three different Staff rights. Members of these rights have different powers and are trusted to use them responsibly.
How does one qualify?
Editors with rollback and administrator experience on other wikis are encouraged to apply, and based on the editor in question exceptions may be made to the length of time editing required for promotion.
When applying for promotion, a community vote will take place. Voting lasts 7 days, although it may be allowed to run shorter (in the case of an obvious pass/fail) or longer (in the case of a very close vote) at bureaucrat discretion. Only bureaucrats should close votes.
Please submit your requests at the top of the "Active requests" page subsection.
NalexandruN (aka Alex) - Patroller
Hello, my name is Alex. After some thinking, some people suggesting me to do it, seeing the 4 vacant slots, and the upcoming release of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition and re-re-re-release of GTA V, which may attract new inexperienced editors, as well as vandals, I've decided to apply for patroller.
I joined this wiki in January 2020 and started editing more actively in May the same year. After about 1200 Law Enforcement page edits, I have already been blocked (twice) so, after the second block, I decided to improve my edits' quality and to start focusing on more diverse topics, rather than Law Enforcement. After this decision, I did GTA Online business missions and The Cayo Perico Heist prep articles for a while.
Currently, I'm active on the wiki daily, expanding different articles, moving files, and reverting vandalism. I'm also quite active on the Discord server.
Thanks for reading my application,
- Yes - SRG (Talk • Edits) 19:52, 29 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - kamikatsu_ (Talk) 19:53, 29 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Jibvander (talk) 19:58, 29 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 20:22, 29 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - BolbiiS (Talk ~ Edits) 20:46, 29 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - TheS-424 00:58, 30 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes (Probationary) - Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 00:05, 1 November 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Matrexpingvin (talk) 19:41, 1 November 2021 (UTC)
- A no-brainer. I've had the honour of working with Alex and I'm able to say that he's a good fit for this position. - Jibvander (talk) 19:58, 29 October 2021 (UTC)
- FINALLY. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 20:22, 29 October 2021 (UTC)
- Definite yes in my eyes. You've proven yourself post-block for sure, hah. BolbiiS (Talk ~ Edits) 20:46, 29 October 2021 (UTC)
- It would be quite the comeback from the start which was so close to becoming a third strike perma-ban. For this reason, a probationary period will be required
ifwhen this vote passes. Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 00:05, 1 November 2021 (UTC)
Jibvander - Patroller
- Closed as successful by Smurfy
G'day, my name is Jibvander. I joined the GTA Wiki back in January 2015, however, I’ve recently started to actively edit back in early August of this year.
I'm applying not only because there are currently 5 vacancies for patroller, but also because I believe the Wiki is in a dire need of some active patrollers, and I feel as if I am qualified for such a position. I'd like to preface this by saying I'm certainly not the most experienced person out there, but I have definitely gotten the general hang of how things operate and I’m certainly willing to try. I believe that I cover a lot of what encompasses a good staff member. I generally get along with other people in the community, I’m consistently active on the Wiki, and I frequently edit. These edits mainly encompass taking photos where need be, but I'd say I'm also pretty competent in regards to writing articles (be it characters, missions, buildings/landmarks, etc.) and recording audios.
I have some warnings & a block from 2015 due to violations of media policy (incorrectly named images without licensing), however, I've learnt a lot in the short time I've been here and haven't violated policy since.
Thanks for taking the time to read my request.
- Yes - kamikatsu_ (Talk) 12:14, 20 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Alex (stalk)/(mock)/(Check out my mediocrity) 12:22, 20 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 15:51, 20 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Matrexpingvin (talk) 16:20, 20 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - SRG (Talk • Edits) 18:01, 20 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - BolbiiS (Talk ~ Edits) 20:21, 20 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Sam Talk 13:48, 21 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 01:14, 24 October 2021 (UTC)
- Easy yes, and maybe this could help a few others finally decide to apply... *cough* Alex *cough*. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 15:51, 20 October 2021 (UTC)
- Oh yea, definite yes. You've been a stellar contributor so far. : ) BolbiiS (Talk ~ Edits) 20:21, 20 October 2021 (UTC)
LS11sVaultBoy - Bureaucrat
Hey everyone. It has taken me 10 months to decide whether to run again for Bureaucrat, and after taking time to once again work out the ins and outs of the wiki, I feel that time is now.
As many of you will know, I was previously a Bureaucrat on the wiki for over 3 years, between 2015 and 2018. Before that I had been an Admin for just over a year, and a Patroller for several months. Next month will actually mark my 9th year of being a part of the GTA Wiki, an amount of time that I struggle to realize how quick it feels like it has gone.
My time as a Bureaucrat was deemed to have been going so well, that in 2017 I was messaged by Wikia (Fandom) and offered a place as a Wikia Councilor, a position I still hold to this day.
With the imminent release of the remastered GTA Trilogy, and who knows, maybe some day GTA VI too, the wiki is about to become a hive of activity, so it would be good to once again see it with a three Bureuacrat-strong team. I experienced the rush of activity that followed the release of GTA V (a wave which saw the wiki reach number 1 on the then-Wikia WAM Score Index) so I am more than knowledgeable on what to expect and how to deal with it all.
Moreover, the aspect which caused me to temporarily retire from wiki activity in 2018 is no longer an issue; I had just started work for the first time after finishing education, and my laptop at the time was unable to perform to the level I required, so I had no choice but to put a halt to my wiki activity. However, now I have a relaxed position at my place of work, which actually allows me to occasionally work from home. At home, I finally have a dual monitor setup which combines an Xbox Series X with my PC, making wiki editing easier than ever.
As Bureaucrat, I would endeavor to keep the wiki as up-to-date as humanly possibly. I would also do my best to keep all boring, literally-bureaucratic duties to myself, Smurf and Sam so that the rest of the staff can continue doing the excellent work they currently are with regards to articles, images and the like (seriously, back during my first term, the only person who edited as much as some of you guys do was Monk, and nobody else was even close). I already spend time outside of the wiki researching ways to make it more appealing to page viewers. I do this primarily by trawling through sites such as Twitter, where a surprisingly large number of people mention the wiki weekly; this helps me to find areas of criticism that can quickly be fixed.
I'd just like to finish by saying my love for the wiki is stronger than ever, it's the one thing in life that I have tried to stick by. I also hold it responsible for helping me get an A grade in my English Literature exam.
Thank you all.
- Yes - BolbiiS (Talk ~ Edits) 17:35, 11 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Andy A. (Talk · Edits) 20:22, 11 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Matrexpingvin (talk) 21:28, 11 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Alex (stalk)/(mock) 10:56, 13 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Sam Talk 13:03, 15 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - kamikatsu_ (Talk) 18:33, 15 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 00:21, 16 October 2021 (UTC)
- What, no comments? 5 days of 100% yes is enough for me. Promoted. Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 00:21, 16 October 2021 (UTC)
BolbiiS - Administrator
Hello friends, after a long moment of consideration, and as per the recommendation of many staff and ex-staff alike, I've decided to make this request to become an Administrator.
I initially wanted to apply a long while ago, but held off for many reasons, mainly real-life responsibilities and events that required my attention. Additionally, I wanted to give myself the time to figure out whether I still enjoyed and actively wanted to contribute to the content and upkeep of this wiki, or if I had "stagnated", so to speak. I'm glad to say that I still very much do enjoy being part of this staff and being a contributor, and even more so than I used to. I greatly enjoy the opportunity to help new editors understand the policies in place and make meaningful contributions, and help mediate issues when things go south. With an Administrator role, I believe I can make even bigger strides in that regard to help upkeep the wiki and educate others. Thank you for your consideration! :) BolbiiS (Talk ~ Edits) 20:41, 15 August 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Matrexpingvin (talk) 20:48, 15 August 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 21:06, 15 August 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 21:18, 15 August 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Alex (stalk)/(mock) 21:51, 15 August 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Sam Talk 22:04, 15 August 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 01:58, 16 August 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - 05:24, 16 August 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - kamikatsu_ (Talk) 05:44, 16 August 2021 (UTC)
- Absolutely a no-brainer. For the last few months now, Bolbiis has proved to be an exceptional contributor to the Wiki who consistently improves at a rapid pace. Easily one of the top candidates to the position right now, if not the top one. -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 21:18, 15 August 2021 (UTC)
- Only reason I haven't been nagging for you to hurry up and apply was awareness of your real life priorities. Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 01:58, 16 August 2021 (UTC)
Andyxdr - Patroller
- Closed as withdrawn/deferred by Smurfy: 00:28, 18 February 2021 (UTC)
Hello, everyone. I'm Andy Ashley and some of you may remember me from 2015. I was a Patroller back then and I was on Probation, but I resigned because I wasn't mature enough. However, my attitude has improved since then and I've also gained experience using administrator tools on my personal wiki, so I know how they all work. I've helped in spotting some sockpuppets and reverting vandalism on this wiki after my resignation. I wish to be promoted so I can assist in keeping this wiki free from vandalism and I'll do my best to be active. Please let me know whether I can be a staff member again or not. Andy A. (Talk · Edits) 23:41, 15 February 2021 (UTC)
- No - Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 2021-02-16 12:51:03
- No - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 23:55, 15 February 2021 (UTC)
- No(t now) - NalexandruN (stalk)/(mock) 08:34, 16 February 2021 (UTC)
- Return to some semblance of activity for a month or so, and the request may get a more positive response. Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 23:51, 15 February 2021 (UTC)
- I agree with Smurf, your last 50 edits date back to the beginning of December and most of them are either changing redirect links or editing your profile. If you start to increase your activity to a level suitable for a Patroller I would likely say yes, as I do believe you will have the ability to look out for vandalism and sockpuppets. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 23:55, 15 February 2021 (UTC)
- Alright. Sorry. I kind of want to withdraw my request. I'll try to improve my activity. Andy A. (Talk · Edits) 23:56, 15 February 2021 (UTC)
- Sorry, but you haven't been very active lately, so I had to vote No(t now). I'm not saying you can't be a good patroller. NalexandruN (stalk)/(mock) 08:34, 16 February 2021 (UTC)
Stuble - Patroller
Hi! I've joined this Wiki in 2015 and since then I made over 1700 edits. Maybe it's not much but I restrict myself to adding interwikis to the articles (I think they're important). I'm more active on GTA Wiki's Discord server where I share my knowledge about the GTA series with other users and help with research. I've played most of the GTA games (except GTA Vice City Stories) so I can easily unpick facts in articles.
Why did I decided to apply for this position? Because other users encouraged me to apply and I think the „new buttons” will help me edit/correct articles. Thanks for reading this and have a nice day. Stuble (talk) 08:45, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Kiwismurf (talk) 08:52, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Andy A. (Talk · Edits) 09:52, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - NalexandruN (stalk)/(mock) 10:13, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - BolbiiS (Talk ~ Edits) 10:32, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Noirlime4L (talk) 11:06, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - TheS424 (talk) 11:11, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Matrexpingvin (talk) 11:33, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - kamikatsu_ (Talk) 11:35, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - 12:24, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Sam Talk 12:33, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 12:53, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 08:48, 25 January 2021 (UTC)
- Probably worth mentioning you have nearly 25K edits on the Polish GTA Wiki and have been an Admin there for nearly 2 years and a Patroller (moderator) since 2015. This is one of those situations where our "experience elsewhere" qualification clearly applies. Kiwismurf (talk) 08:52, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- I personally don't know many things about you, but the 27000 edits and almost 8 years of activity can't be wrong. NalexandruN (stalk)/(mock) 10:13, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- I've watched you be a great and helpful editor for a while, so easy yes for me. We could use another patroller :) BolbiiS (Talk ~ Edits) 10:32, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Aside from your edits quality (which frankly, speaks for itself), I also feel like your attitude and behavior are what a staff member needs, from the little I've seen either here or on the discord server. You come off as mature and professional, which are qualities that I personally consider even more important than editing. As Smurfy pointed out, you also have an extensive experience with both contributing to Wikis and specifically contributing to GTA Wiki communities, which itself is a huge plus. -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 12:53, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- I remember you from even when I was last kicking around and agree with all above. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 08:48, 25 January 2021 (UTC)
- Vote closed as successful. Sam Talk 21:40, 26 January 2021 (UTC)
LS11sVaultBoy - Administrator
- Closed as successful by Smurfy:
Well, what can I say? It was 8 years ago and one week ago that I first applied for a Patroller position on the wiki. That one got denied due to a lack of edits (I think I only had about 30 at the time). Less than a week after the request was closed, on 10th January 2013 I tried again having gained over 200 genuine edits in less than 24 hours. That time I was successful. I served as a Patroller until March when I was then promoted to Admin following a large vandal attack from a user called Zombie22 which I helped stop. After serving as an Admin for over a year, it was in January 2015 (6 years ago) that I finally became a Bureaucrat, a position I held with great honour every day for over 3 years until my ultimate retirement due to finishing college and starting work.
In recent times I have bought a new PC and despite it having initial (and typically continuous) issues, my love for editing wikis of all kinds never died. I finally made my comeback a couple of weeks ago and have now been active all of this week so far.
I am a project man at heart and have already set at work fixing up some GTA 1 mission pages which were never completed and I intend to find more work like this to do. However, I am also capable of sweeping up vandalism, identifying likely vandals and informing admins like in the good old days.
As a Patroller, I can promise to be active as much as possible. I work from home for the unforeseeable future which means I have plenty of time to check on the wiki's activity to make sure nothing untoward is happening.
*UPDATE: As per Smurf's comment I have upgraded this to an Admin RfP*
Note: votes reset due to change in position applied.
- Yes - Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 21:23, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Matrexpingvin (talk) 21:43, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - BolbiiS (Talk ~ Edits) 21:44, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - NalexandruN (stalk)/(mock) 21:58, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - Andy A. (Talk · Edits) 22:03, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - AK-28 (Talk) 22:43, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - kamikatsu_ Talk 00:11, 7 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - TheS424 (talk) 00:48, 7 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes - 03:03, 7 January 2021 (UTC)
- Was going to make it an automatic No for "fixing up some GTA 1 mission pages". J/K. I had been planning in a few days to suggest you apply. I suspect this vote will have a short turnaround time. Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 21:23, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- Note: In theory, you could actually apply for Admin or even 'Crat, you don't actually have to start back from Patroller (see precedent and explanation here). Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 21:27, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- I cannot think of a better person to apply for this position. Also, good to see you. AK-28 (Talk) 22:43, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- All regularly active staff 5/9 have voted and vote is otherwise unanimous, so would still pass even if all remaining staff voted against, request successful (early). Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 12:59, 8 January 2021 (UTC)
- Sorry, hadn't seen this in my feed. It's academic now but FWIW my vote would have been yes too. Sam Talk 14:27, 8 January 2021 (UTC)
BolbiiS - Patroller
Seeing as there's currently a whopping 5 Patroller spots vacant right now, It's as good a time as any that one of those slots be filled. And thanks to the recommendation of Kiwismurf (congrats on becoming a Bureaucrat, by the way), I'm finally going to make the dive and apply.
For those that care, I'm Nick. I'm 18 going on 19 and from the good ol' US of A. My experience with the Grand Theft Auto series is lacking compared to others on staff, considering my first time playing any GTA game was GTAV only 2 years ago, and I played playing GTA IV for the first time only a week ago, but I truly love the game and the series as a whole.
I first started editing the wiki around February of last year, but have been especially active since December, and it's been nice the contribute something significant to the Internet for the past year. With this promotion, I hope to help continue to make positive contributions to the Wiki and curb negative ones with the rollback tool.
Increased recent interest in GTA Online, with both it reaching a record number of players after the Casino Heist and the current worldwide quarantine, has brought more and more visitors to the wiki. Unfortunately, that also means more vandals and new editors who may not understand the rules. Additional help in article curation for both the present and the future is important, which is why I hope that with an induction into the staff, I can assist in keeping the Wiki a great place to visit. Even while I still have many things to learn in terms of editing, I think I am ready to be a part of the staff here.
- Yes - Matrexpingvin (talk) 15:04, April 12, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - DocVinewood (talk) 15:15, April 12, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - 15:21, April 12, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - kamikatsu_ Talk 15:28, April 12, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - Andy A. (Talk · Edits) 18:30, April 12, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - S-424 (talk) 18:57, April 12, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 00:12, April 13, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - NoirlimeTalk | Contribs 10:37, April 13, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - SlashM,C 10:41, April 13, 2020 (UTC)
- Easy yes from me. You've already done some great work and I believe you'll be a fine addition to the team. Matrexpingvin (talk) 15:04, April 12, 2020 (UTC)
- Same as above. You have good contributions and you'll learn fast once you get the patroller position. -- 15:21, April 12, 2020 (UTC)
- The reason I recommended you apply is I have noticed you have been monitoring and fixing other edits for a while now, a clear indication of a willingness (and readiness) to be more than just a good content contributor. Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 00:12, April 13, 2020 (UTC)
Kiwismurf - Bureaucrat
Right, it's been a few months now of surviving with a solo Bureaucrat after Konan's removal and Monk's departure. While Sam is no doubt capable of handling that "load", in today's climate of global crisis, we have to be aware of the possibility of being left unexpectedly leaderless, so having a second Bureaucrat is really important. Plus, with GTAVI and GTAO2™ on the horizon, we could get busy later this year. Thankfully we have not had to deal with fallout from Gamepedia unification.
For those that don't know, the "s" in smurf is for my real name, Sean. I'm from New Zealand, and I'm old. Yes folks, my profile page doesn't lie, I really was born in '69 <insert R* sexual joke here>.
I've been Admin here since September 2017, having previously also served a period as an Admin under my retired account in 2015). If it means anything to you, my combined edit count over the 2 accounts (closing in on 30,000) makes me currently the 3rd most prolific editor on GTAWiki (excluding bots). Unlike last time, the many and various frustrations borne of community contribution in wikis in general has not resulted in resignation. Like any human, I still have some bad habits, some of which I'm trying to break, some of which I am nurturing. To make a good omelette, you have to break some eggs, and I still trust my instincts to know which eggs to break.
As the primary resident rules enforcer (a role I don't mind - as above, I'm not here to be any egg's friend), I have some "leadership" ideas on policy direction to improve our ranking within Fandom and particularly the handling of older content that no longer fits with the current (and probable future) policy that I plan to propose/implement this year. Don't worry, I'm not talking about any major shift in content focus (still no mods/fanon etc), just the way we present the content with an aim to increase page impressions and reduce repetitive (often conflicting) content.
I'll certainly continue to encourage all users to be unafraid to challenge leadership decisions following my own example of willingness to openly object to errors made by previously serving bureaucrats.
Also, despite my distaste for the Fandom mobile skin and the Fandom App, given they are now the majority of our content consumers (if not our editors yet), we have to accept that our content mostly looks terrible on those devices because we have focused on the full experience (I'm certainly guilty of building content that I know just won't work on mobile). Work needs to be done on that, hopefully not at the expense of our "full experience" though.
- YES - SlashM,C 11:37, April 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - Matrexpingvin (talk) 11:40, April 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - DocVinewood (talk) 12:42, April 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 12:50, April 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - S-424 (talk) 13:11, April 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - kamikatsu_ Talk 13:22, April 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - BolbiiS (Talk 14:25 April 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - 14:34, April 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - Sam Talk 18:29, April 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes - Andy A. (Talk · Edits) 18:35, April 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Easy yes from me. Been waiting for this day for a while. SlashM,C 11:37, April 6, 2020 (UTC)
- No doubt about this. Nobody is more suited for the position than you. DocVinewood (talk) 12:42, April 6, 2020 (UTC)
- No objections from me AT ALL. When Monk left we lost a very experienced 'crat and in you we'll be gaining another. Sam Talk 18:29, April 6, 2020 (UTC)