Welcome to GTA Wiki's Community noticeboard.
Talk page rules apply here.
This noticeboard is for discussion and voting on changes to the wiki, reporting vandalism and wiki rule breaking, and reporting bad or unfair behaviour from GTA Wiki staff.
For requests for promotion, please go to GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion.
We currently have a lot of staff so there will be no more Patroller requests for a while. Current Patrollers may request to be promoted to Admin status by voting on the Requests for Promotion Page.
Since voting about a change can cause arguments, here are the rules.
- Anyone can start a topic for a community vote.
- Please be civil when voting, and never condemn another users vote.
- Voting usually lasts 3 to 5 days.
Please input your new requests above the old ones. That way, we can easily spot it rather than looking for it.
As you may have noticed I've been pretty inactive in recent months, I thought I might be able to find time for the Wiki again, but that doesn't seem likely. So I'm resigning.
I'll be keeping my rights for the time being so that I can promote whoever you all choose to become a bureaucrat. Then I'll be gone. I've been dedicated to rebuilding this Wiki for the last few years now, but I feel that I've gone as far as I can. I think I'm leaving the Wiki in capable hands.
Patroller Probation (Bureaucrat-Admin Only Vote)
To any other users, please leave voting to more senior staff members, that are listed above.
I immediately want to point out I'm not stirring up trouble to any new users applying for promotion, but events of the last few days makes me think this should be suggested. With the problems the community faced with RainingPain17 I propose the following;
Each user applying for Patroller rights with inexperience or 2 months of joining should go through a three month trial basis or probationary period if a majority yes vote is reached, to prove whether or not they can do the job. Due to a few inexperiences and disputes, Andre has agreed if his vote goes this way, as it stands right now this is the case. Please leave your votes tomorrow. If this goes towards a negative majority vote then please delete the post. If there is a positive majority vote then we could put this into the Staff policies. If there is more questions, please leave them on my talk page.
- Yes - LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 17:20, January 9, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes (with modifications) - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 19:19, January 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes - Tom Talk 19:12, January 15, 2015 (UTC)
- I agree that it would be a good thing to happen. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 17:20, January 9, 2015 (UTC)
- This is a good idea, but 2 months would be enough. - Mikey Klebbitz (talk) 19:19, January 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Dan has voted in favour on the blog post, so as it stands two admins and a bureaucrat are in favour. I'll leave a notice on the post to redirect all comments and votes here. Leo68 (talk) 00:22, January 13, 2015 (UTC)
Hi all. I'm posting here to ask what do you all think about the current navigation templates for Characters. GTA's pre-TLAD use navboxes and GTA's post-IV use a navbars. I'm in favour of both, but we can't keep both together (See the Lazlow page, you'll know what I mean), so I'm asking about your opinions what should be done about this.
Navbars are cleaner and small in size, but don't have all characters or show whether a character is main, supporting, radio host, etc.. Navboxes are big in size but can have all characters listed and can show what type of character it is.
Yup, navbars are definitely horrible.21:59, December 24, 2014 (UTC)
GTA V/Online Template Colour Coordination
Hi everyone. Not sure whether this is the right place to post this (new to the Wiki community) thought I'd start a discussion here about the templates we use for GTA V and Online (mostly for Online) and say we need some consistency in the colour coordination. Like, all colours are the same across the wiki, as I think it'd be a lot more helpful to have it. So far, we have:
Aqua for Next-Gen Exclusives
Light Green for Special Collector's Edition/Pre-Order Bonus
Dark Orange for the Social Club items
Yellow for the Beach Bum Update
Violet for the Valentine's Day Massacre Special
Light Blue for The Business Update
#FF2400 for The High Life Update
#42A5AB for the I'm Not A Hipster Update
Red, White & Blue for the Independence Day Special
Lime Green for the San Andreas Flight School Update
Pink for San Andreas Flight School Jobs (separate to the update - the jobs were released 2 weeks later)
Dark Gray for The Last Team Standing Update
Indigo for the Festive Suprise Update
Olive for the upcoming Heists Update
I just wanted to see what everyone thought about making every colour the same for each template referring to each update. Also, if you'd change any colours (perhaps to make them more readable, personally not a fan of the Indigo colour against a black background) and what colours would be best for the future. Thanks!
- Carl Johnson Jr. changed the colors for Festive Update to #ED1C24 #00FF00 and for Independence Day Special to #B22234 white #3C3B6E on the GTA V weapons template. Festive Surprise colors look good IMO but the Independence Day Special colors are still a bit hard to see (though much better than before). Thoughts on this? 11:31, December 19, 2014 (UTC)
The Festive Surprise colour is great. I'm starting to realise that lighter colours usually work best against the GTA Wiki's black background. The Independence Day colours are better, I'm all in favour of keeping the red, white and blue-style to this update. Just what shade of each colour is what needs to be decided. ToJ (talk) 01:34, December 20, 2014 (UTC)
Hey there, I'm AK-28 aka Kingrhem - a former staff member of this wiki. This wiki is one of the biggest wikis out there, however it's really messed up when it come to articles about weapons. Lately I've been editing around the Battlefield wiki, and there weapon articles are magnificent and they separate information into each game like this:
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto V
Restoring GTA Myths Wiki as an Affiliate
For those of you who don't know me, I'm Boomer8 - an administrator on the GTA Myths Wiki and a former patroller here before I resigned. I'd like to begin to say that this wiki does not allow myths. Period. About a year and a half ago the rumors and speculation of myths in GTA V was a big problem here, so when the GTA Myths Wiki was created the problem was resolved very well. Its the most professional and reliable source of GTA Myths on the web to date, and has a strong following of its own. So I think it would be beneficial to both of our wikis, and the readers, to re-affiliate them. We would both gain new users and viewers; and there would be less confusion as to where to find both of our wikis. Now for those of you who don't know why we broke the affiliation, there was a disagreement between both of the staffs over a vandal. Because of this, the wikis were no longer affiliated with each other and the links to our wikis were removed from all pages from each wiki. However, the situation has been resolved for months now and both wikis are neutral towards each other. So in conclusion, I highly suggest that you vote in favor of this for these very reasons. Thank you. --Boomer8 (talk) 07:32, December 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - --Boomer8 (talk) 07:32, December 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes-Hunter(Talk/Stalk) 08:43, December 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Support - Why not. 11:01, December 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Neutral - Jeff (talk·stalk)
- Yes --Sasquatch101 (talk) 00:44, December 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes - () 01:24, December 4, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- Neutral - Dodo8 <span style="color:#FF6600; font-family:Cooper Black>Talk 09:10, December 8, 2014 (UTC)
- I think it would be a good idea.Hunter(Talk/Stalk) 08:43, December 3, 2014 (UTC)
- First, to explain, I don't have anything against GTA Myths Wiki or hold any grudges against the active users there. I'm fully in favor of the wikis linking to each other where relevant (e.g. on this wiki's Bigfoot page). I do, however, think that the whole concept of "affiliates" is more of a social dance feature that mostly serves to give people and wikis a way to get back at each other for perceived slights by removing one another from affiliates lists - see the way Sasquatch removed the affiliation because he got blocked and GTA Wiki Staff responded by scrubbing the links to Myths Wiki, or the way people on both wikis antagonize each other with their "friends lists" on their user pages. Jeff (talk·stalk) 15:31, December 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Affiliates allow users to access a network of sites without the hassle of scouring the internet to find what they are looking for. It builds a wider community of different interests and more users. Top wikis on Wikia implement affiliates as it is a fantastic tool for both independent wikis and it's users. I don't want to "dig up" the past, but the fact is Tom unilaterally removed the Myths links and affiliate tab from GTA Wiki before we did. I still am confused why he would do that since he was only hurting users who enjoyed a more cohesive linked network of information. Affiliating and expanding this wikis' user base is a good thing and should happen. --Sasquatch101 (talk) 00:44, December 4, 2014 (UTC)
- In my opinion, the past is the past. We should never go over what happened in the past. GTA Myths Wiki should once again be an affiliate of this wiki. In life, we learn things from the past and I believe Sasquatch and Boomer can be trusted with their wiki once again being an affiliate of this wiki. () 01:24, December 4, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- The request should be closed by now.Hunter(Talk/Stalk) 19:52, December 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Is a bureaucrat going to close this? It's been open for way more than a week. --Boomer8 (talk) 05:23, December 20, 2014 (UTC)
Staff: Cleanup assistance request
A user recently uploaded literally hundreds of Russian language videos - see Special:Log/Osmanas. It would be good if the administrators and b-crats could delete of his videos, maybe 10 per day or something, so that it doesn't have to all be done by one guy. Jeff (talk·stalk) 21:25, June 9, 2014 (UTC)
Wikia Central has enabled abuse filters on this wiki, and I'm working on important them from Bully Wiki. Hopefully they'll work properly, otherwise I'll have to ask for some help with them (they're in a programming language I don't recognize, but I can sometimes figure out how to edit the code someone else wrote to make it do what I want).
Because this wiki has IP editing turned off, I had to create an account to test the filters. Ergo the User:Jeff the Vandal account.
I'll continue to update the community.
And I'd just like to thank Joshualeverburg for giving us a chance to permanently spoil his fun, and clean out the staff roster from the "promote anybody who asks for it and can spell words right" days in one fell swoop. Jeff (talk·stalk) 07:19, May 6, 2014 (UTC)
Boomer8 has resigned as a patroller
Following Sasquatch's demotion and banning, Boomer has decided to relinquish his patroller rights . His actual resignation statement was removed as a personal attack/incivility. Jeff (talk·stalk) 03:18, May 6, 2014 (UTC)
New bureaucrat and administrator
I have decided to step down as a bureaucrat. Having discussed this with the other two bureaucrats (Messi1983 and The Tom), we've decided to forgo a formal election and make the following promotions.
- Ilan xd is promoted to bureaucrat due to being the most senior non-bureaucrat administrator and unanimous agreement among bureaucrats.
- Dodo8 is promoted to administrator - he received 100% 'yes' votes in the January 2014 Administrator Election, and that indicates that the community trusts him to be an administrator.
Image sources remind
Between the 4th and the 28th February, I'll work in a project, with its goal to rename and add the license templates to several images here to keep the Wiki better organized and with copyrighted images. And just to remind, I'm asking all users something. If you are editing a page on source mode and you see images violating the image policy, don't erase it. They might serve as a redirect to several images I renamed or I'll rename. To be sure if the image follows the image policy or not, exit the editing mode and click on the image. If the image doesn't follow the image policy, rename it if you want (if you possess administrator/bureaucrat rights) to help me. Thanks for understanding. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 18:55, February 6, 2014 (UTC)
GTA 1 & 2 Cleanup
I noticed that the GTA 1 and GTA 2 missions pages are very small and/or require a lot of cleanup. I would try my best to clean them up and add to them myself, but I know next to nothing about those games since I haven't played them since 2004ish. Is there anyone who knows about these games enough and that is willing to add to them? LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 17:13, February 5, 2014 (UTC)
- I'll take care of GTA 1 when I'm done with renaming images. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 19:45, February 5, 2014 (UTC)
Anyone who is interested in participating, please go to GTA Wiki:Requests for Promotion/Jan 2014 Administrator Election and vote. It's going to be open for a week (at least) regardless so feel free to take some time thinking about it first. Jeff (talk|stalk) 21:43, January 10, 2014 (UTC)