|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
|This article or section is Under Construction.|
The Doomsday Heist is a content update for Grand Theft Auto Online, released on December 12th, 2017.
- "A billionaire tech mogul, an idealistic intelligence agent, a socially awkward conspiracy theorist and a neurotic supercomputer have been forced into an unlikely alliance to save San Andreas from total annihilation. As apocalyptic threats mount from enemies unknown, you and your criminal crew are enlisted to un-tangle mysteries and eradicate threats spanning from the bustling streets of downtown Los Santos to the ocean floor and all the way to the inner depths of Mount Chiliad in an epic new online adventure."
- ―Rockstar Newswire
This update features a new storyline, which begins with the GTA Online Protagonists are reunited by Lester Crest and a new character, billionaire Avon Hertz. The protagonist, Lester, and Avon unite with government agents, including Agent 14 and an unknown intelligence agent. Avon believes that an unknown foreign entity is trying to start a war and would put San Andreas and the United States under a "doomsday scenario". The heist crew is involved in several missions, which introduce new military-grade vehicles and weapons featured within the update.
The The Doomsday Heist itself is a three act sequence of missions involving Heist Prep and Setup missions before undertaking Heist Finales in each act.
Six additional weapons can be upgraded into their Mk II variants in a Weapons Workshop, and are found alongside the six weapons previously added in the Gunrunning update.
|SNS Pistol Mk II||Mark II version of the SNS Pistol. Resembles an AMT Backup.|
|Heavy Revolver Mk II||Mark II version of the Heavy Revolver. Looks like a modernized Taurus Raging Bull.|
|Special Carbine Mk II||Mark II version of the Special Carbine. Seems to retain the Heckler & Koch G36C appearance, but with changes in its main parts (hanguard and stock).|
|Bullpup Rifle Mk II||Mark II version of the Bullpup Rifle. It appears to combine elements from the Kel-Tec RFB and the FAMAS.|
|Pump Shotgun Mk II||Mark II version of the Pump Shotgun. Still resembles a Mossberg 590, but with extra additions, such as a heat shield over its barrel and a different stock.|
|Marksman Rifle Mk II||Mark II version of the Marksman Rifle. Appears to be based on a M39 EMR/Mk. 14 Mod 1 EBR, with a different grip and stock.|
|Double-Action Revolver||A double-action revolver based on the Smith & Wesson Model 10.|
28 vehicles were added in the update:
- 10 weaponized vehicles
- 5 customizable vehicles
|Available to purchase immediately|
|Akula||An attack helicopter based on the RAH-66 Comanche, with elements from the Kamov Ka-52 "Alligator".|
|Mammoth Avenger||A tiltrotor aircraft based on the V-22 Osprey.|
|Barrage||A weaponized off-road car seemingly based on the HDT Storm SRTV (Search & Rescue Tactical Vehicle).|
|Chernobog||A ballistic missile launcher truck strongly based on the MAZ-543M, but replacing the BM-30 Smerch with a 15-tube launch pod (which uses a standard box-shaped framing).|
|Pfister Comet Safari||Off-road variant of the Comet|
|Imponte Deluxo||A flight-capable sports car inspired by the DeLorean DMC-12 based DeLorean time machine from the Back To The Future series. Returning from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.|
|Ocelot Pariah||A sports car seems to be based on Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato.|
|Coil Raiden||An electric sports sedan based on the Tesla Model S.|
|RCV||A law enforcement 6-wheeled armored truck resembling the INKAS Armored Riot Control Vehicle.|
|Vapid Riata||A heavy duty off-road truck based on the Bronco6G.com Ford Bronco Concept.|
|Ubermacht SC1||A super car based on the BMW M1 Concept.|
|Ocelot Stromberg||A submersible sports car inspired by the Lotus Esprit it is based on Wet Nellie from the 1977 James Bond movie The Spy Who Loved Me.|
|Mammoth Thruster||A jet pack. Returning from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.|
|TM-02 Khanjali||A futuristic stealth tank based on the Polish light tank PL-01.|
|Volatol||A V-bomber based on the Avro Vulcan.|
|Declasse Yosemite||A stanced pickup truck based on the Chevrolet C10. Returning from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.|
|Unlocked as part of Event Weeks|
9 new properties have been added to Maze Bank Foreclosures as base Facilities for the three Acts of the Doomsday Heist. Most of the new Warstock vehicles require the ownership of a Facility and land vehicles are stored within the player's facility. The new Aircraft require Hangars for storage, with the exception of the Avenger, which is stored in the Facility. There is a Heist Setup room located inside the Facility.
Facilities provide garage space for 7 personal/weaponized vehicles.
- Over 20 new items of clothing have been added to GTA Online for male and female characters.
- Over 30 new tattoos have been added to GTA Online.
- 26 new face paints have been added to GTA Online.
- Eight new achievements/trophies have been added to GTA Online.
- The Battle Axe has been moved from the DLC weapon wall to the melee weapon cabinet in Ammu-Nation.
- Lester’s “Remove Wanted Level” ability will become FREE upon completion of The Doomsday Heist.
- Players can now control the doors of the Personal Aircraft via the “Door Control” Interaction Menu option.
- A new radio station, blonded Los Santos 97.8 FM, is introduced to both GTA Online and GTA V. It is hosted by Frank Ocean.
- Fixed inconsistencies between the amounts of stock the Free Trade Shipping Co. app displays and how much the Hangar owner actually has.
- Fixed issues that resulted in players getting stuck when trying to enter/exit their Hangar.
- Fixed a glitch that allowed players to add pearlscents on non-metallic paintjobs.
- Adjustments to the brake disks that clipped on the Vagner.
- Adjustments to door positioning on the Visione.
- Changes made to the smashed windows effect on the Visione and Seabreeze.
- Changes made to how Transform Races appear in the Rockstar Editor.
Discounts & Bonuses
- Double GTA$ payouts for Associates of Organizations.
- Triple RP in the Premium Race.
- 25% Ammu-Nation discount on many weapons and upgrades:
- All SMGs
- All Pistols
- All Shotguns
- All Sniper Rifles
- All Machine Guns
- All Body Armor
- All Explosives and Throwables
- Luxury Finishes
- Doomsday Social Club Sweepstakes offering the chance to win a range of Rockstar Warehouse gear:
- Camo Merryweather Security Hat
- Black Merryweather Tee
- Merryweather Polo
- GTAV Hoodie
- Black Rockstar Camo Tee
- Merryweather Heat Changing Mug
- GTAV Gold Bar USB
- GTAV Power Magnet
- GTAV Chrome Zippo
- A Doomsday-themed Snapmatic Contest is available to take part in between December 12 and December 18, 2017.
- Players will need to tag their entry with "#DOOMSDAY".
A new soundtrack, created and mixed by Oh No, was featured as part of the update. The soundtrack can be heard during The Doomsday Heist setups and the finale. Several Adversary Mode remixes can also be found in the files, but are not currently in use.
As already noted, Frank Ocean created the playlist for the radio station blonded Los Santos 97.8 FM, which was released with the update. It features a range of Contemporary R&B, Psychedelic Rock, Hip-Hop and Rap music, among other genres.