Fresh Meat is a mission in Grand Theft Auto V that protagonist Franklin Clinton does independently. Fellow protagonist Michael De Santa is also playable during a later part in the mission, and Trevor Philips appears in the opening cutscene and is seen walking away after it.
Following the conclusion of Pack Man, Franklin contacts Lester Crest about Michael's apparent disappearance. The two deduce that Michael has been abducted, with Lester tracing Michael's cellphone signal back to Los Santos after a brief trip to North Yankton. Lester suggests Franklin meet Trevor for possible information. At Franklin's request, Lester calls Trevor and asks him to meet Franklin at his old safehouse in Strawberry.
Upon arriving at the home, Trevor appears even more disturbed than usual, yelling at Franklin's aunt and taking great offence at Franklin laughing at him after he trips over a low fence. Franklin asks Trevor if he knows what became of Michael in North Yankton; Trevor informs him that they ran into Wei Cheng's men, and he does not know if Michael survived the shootout. Franklin tells him that Michael is back in Los Santos and asks him for help in rescuing him, but Trevor refuses and leaves. assaulting a Families Member in the process.
It is up to Franklin to rescue Michael, alone. While he does not have much to go on, he manages to pinpoint Michael's location by using an app on his phone called Trackify, which Lester provides (the same app used during the offshore option of The Merryweather Heist). As Franklin tries to look for him, the game switches to Michael, who is hanging upside down in a meat-packing plant. Michael tries to tell Wei Cheng that he is not Trevor's ji lao (gay friend), but Wei refuses to believe the truth and turns on the meat processor and leaves when he decides Trevor will not be coming. A timer appears on the screen; if Franklin does not reach Michael within this time limit, he will be moved into the processor and killed.
Unlike standard GTA fares where the GPS would automatically indicate the shortest route to your destination, the player is only given a vague beacon to follow. Upon arrival at the triads' hideout, a meat factory called Raven Slaughterhouse, Franklin can go onto the roof via the back for a shooting position, or come in the front all guns blazing.
After fighting through the Triads, Franklin sees Michael alive, yet strung up by his feet on a meat hook. Franklin kills a Triad member pointing a gun towards Michael and tosses Michael a pistol; the player is now given the option to switch between Franklin and Michael, the latter still upside-down on the hook. Franklin and Michael fight off another wave of Triads, and Michael saves Franklin from a Triad that tackles him. After both men clear out all of the Triads, Michael lowers himself to the ground and is shown to be in a large amount of pain with blood on his tank top and holding his side. The pair escape outside, where they find a Coquette and a Feltzer which they can use to escape; they also find two Triads on their tail.
After either killing or escaping the pursuing Triads, Michael and Franklin arrive at Michael's house. Michael thanks Franklin for saving him, and the two have a brief conversation before parting ways. Michael then heads into his house, where he washes the blood off himself and changes into a clean suit.
- Find Michael. - (Franklin)
- Rescue Michael. - (Franklin)
- Flee the meat factory. - (Michael and Franklin)
- Go to Michael's House. - (Michael or Franklin)
Gold Medal Objectives
- Switch Limiter - Don't switch more than 3 times
- Control Franklin until he saves Michael, switch to Michael for the remainder of the shootout for his ability, and switch to Franklin when leaving in the car for his ability.
- Accuracy - Finish with a shooting accuracy of at least 70%
- Use a shotgun for Franklin and ability for Michael. This also helps for the headshot objective.
- Headshots - Kill 10 enemies with headshot
- Use Michael's special ability. This also helps for the accuracy objective.
- Swift Race - Rescue Michael within 3:30
- Use the shotgun for the first shootout to save time trying to kill enemies.
- Sense of Direction - Don't use a map waypoint.
- Use the Trackify app or the player's own knowledge of the map to get to the slaughterhouse.
- Trevor can call Wei Cheng. If he does so, Cheng informs Trevor that Michael was rescued, which annoys Trevor.
- Michael and Trevor cannot hang out with each other again, unless the player chooses The Third Way at the end of the game. If Michael and Trevor pass each other in the street, they will exchange unpleasantries.
- Upon completion of this mission, Gruppe Sechs stock will rise by approximately 11.17%.
- Lester Crest - "Glad to hear you haven't been turned into high-fat-content burger meat. Didn't I tell you there's an app for everything these days? Never say I don't look out for you."
- The intro cutscene (where Trevor falls over the fence) was said to be improvised, but Steven Ogg clarified that this was just a legend.
- In the slaughterhouse, shooting enemies on some ledges will cause them to fall into meat grinders and, in one case, a vat of acid. Coming into contact with either kills the player instantly.
- Even if the Triad aiming an Assault Rifle at Michael is shot in the head, the cutscene of him falling into the processor commences with him still screaming.
- During the end chase, if the player takes the Coquette, a surprisingly large amount of Dubstas will appear in traffic, blocking the Coquette's way. However, this does not happen if the player takes the Feltzer. Since this adds more of a challenge to the escape, this may mean the player is meant to escape in the Coquette, with the Feltzer reserved for the enemies.
- When Michael and Franklin escape the Triads, the radio in the car will be tuned in to The Lowdown 91.1 and the track "Smiling Faces Sometimes" by the Undisputed Truth will always play.
- During the last cutscene outside Michael's house, Michael's eyes are two different colours, one is green and red/Franklin's brown eyes.
- If the player doesn't switch to Franklin when Michael is moving towards the grinder, a unique cutscene will play in which Michael will be chopped up by the processor and killed. However, the player is unable to see this.
- In the enhanced version, the player cannot aim using the first-person camera while playing as Michael upside down.
- Upon helping Michael, Franklin will always throw a Combat Pistol to him, even if he doesn't have one in his inventory.
- For some random reason, every time the player approaches the railroad tracks, the gates will always come down meaning a train is coming. This means the player will have to either smash through the gate or wait for the train to pass, costing the player some time to rescue Michael.
- Source: at Comic Con London 2018