|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "The unlikely product of Albany's design team leafing through a vintage car magazine while in the depths of a masculine overdose. The Franken Stange will make you the envy of goths, emo hipsters and vampire wannabes everywhere. Don't be fooled by what's left of its old world charm; the steering linkage may be from 1910, but the engine has just enough horsepower to tear itself (and you) to pieces at the first bump in the road."
- ―Southern San Andreas Super Autos description.
Grand Theft Auto Online
The Fränken Stange is a hot rod, more specifically, a heavily modified Roosevelt. It shares most of its bodywork, particularly the front fascia, but the rear half has been completely replaced; headlights and wheel arches with it. Because it shares its bodywork and chassis with the Roosevelt, it can be said that is based on the 1928 Cadillac 341A Town Sedan, where it shares the initial design shape.
The Fränken Stange features a unique ram-bar-style front bumper. Instead of the general aluminium doubled-up bar used for a bumper on the Roosevelt, the Fränken Stange's front bumper sticks out from the front axle much further than its unmodified counterpart, but avoids guarding the wheels. The headlights have been changed, with side mirrors replacing the spotlight lamps and two Kerosene headlights with car bulbs replacing the four Drum ones, being located further down, they leave the grille and engine exposed much more. The engine is also different, with it being a large V8 instead of a V12. The manufacturer, Albany has its logo printed onto its cam/camshaft covers in a calligraphy style if a livery is applied, with the exception of "Blazing Death". It also has a convertible roof on the rear of the vehicle, but does not move. Additionally, the car features many unique custom trinkets with a horror theme, such as a skull wearing a top hat mounted atop the grill and the side mirrors being coffin shaped. The vehicle features thick drag racing tires with "Classic Five" rims, which may have a color on them.
In terms of general appearance, the Fränken Stange seems to take a lot of influence from the Munster Koach, featured in The Munsters. However, unlike the Munster Koach, the Franken Stange is much shorter in length, with the roof covering the cab, instead of just the second seating row. Additionally the "haunted mansion" style of the original is downplayed much more. The vehicle shares the same interior with the Roosevelt, albeit in a dark purple shade.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto Online
The Albany Fränken Stange (much like its counterpart, the Albany Roosevelt) handles like a boat, being almost 2 tonnes heavy. Cornering is slightly sluggish which is expected of a hot rod. It tends to understeer at first which can quickly switch to a sudden oversteer but it's somewhat easily controllable. The acceleration is good as well as its top speed, surpassing the Roosevelt's velocity, thanks to the car's massive V8 engine, which shakes when the car is on and stationary.
Despite its high traction, the power going into the wheels is still too much for the traction to keep it from wheel-spinning upon take-off. This does not pose too many problems for traction-control, as the vehicle's rear-thick tires are also beneficial, in that they stabilize power-sliding and are still able to control the vehicle's sideways movement.
As with most other sports classics, the Fränken Stange is highly durable against impact deformation. Rarely, the back of the car might get caught on curbs, or when following racing-lines in particular, the rear fenders, or rear wheels, may pose a problem for getting caught and spinning out when getting close to objects on corners, unpredictably hitting the car. Unlike the Roosevelt though, players cannot hang off the side of the car, making it a four person vehicle instead of six.
The Fränken Stange is powered by a hefty big-block single-overhead camshaft V8, in an FMR (front-mid engine, rear wheel drive) layout, laid longitudinally. The engine features large zoomie exhausts running from the engine block, backwards, facing the driver, and sticking out further than the initial bodywork. It also features 8 large velocity stack carburetors.
The engine sound is rather unique, in that it features a rather loud tick-over sound, clearly showing its high-tuning that makes it sound odd-firing. It is also a higher-pitch version of the Dukes' engine sound.
GTA Online Overview
(0-60 mph in Seconds)
(mph / kmh)
(FWD / RWD / AWD)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||84 / 135||4||N/A||RWD||1800 / 3966||65|
|N/A||135 / 217||4||N/A||RWD||1814 / 4000||N/A|
|14.4 Seconds||75 / 120||4||Big-Block V8 w/ 8 Velocity Stack Carburetors (In-game model)||RWD||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Armor Upgrade 20%||$7,500|
|Armor Upgrade 40%||$12,000|
|Armor Upgrade 60%||$20,000|
|Armor Upgrade 80%||$35,000|
|Armor Upgrade 100%||$50,000|
|Engine||EMS Upgrade, Level 1||$9,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 2||$12,500|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 3||$18,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 4||$33,500|
|Triple Intake Bug Catcher||$3,000|
|Single Intake Bug Catcher||$5,000|
|Horns||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Horns||-|
|Interior||Main article: Benny's Original Motor Works/Interior||-|
|Neon Kits||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Lights||-|
|Respray||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Respray Colors||-|
|Wheels||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Wheels||-|
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Can be bought from Southern San Andreas Super Autos for $550,000, but only during the annual Halloween event. However, players that have purchased it can buy another one at any time of the year thereafter.
- The vehicle will be delivered with the livery selected in the website, although players can change or remove it at Los Santos Customs.
- The Fränken Stange is likely inspired by the Munster Koach, designed by George Barris, from the television sitcom The Munsters, both being hot-rodded classic saloon cars with a large, exposed engine and a passenger cabin that is enclosed at the front but open at the rear. The Munsters was also about a family of famous Hollywood monsters, particularly apt given the update's Halloween theme.
- "Stange" is German for "rod", which relates to what the car itself is: a hotrod. It is pronounced somewhat similar to "Stein" like "ʃtaŋə", which, when combined with "Franken", will create "Frankenstein".
- Similar to the Roosevelt, the internal name of this vehicle is "btype2", suggesting it is a "variant" of the original "btype" (Roosevelt's internal name), as well as the HD rendition of the B-Type from Grand Theft Auto 2.
- According to the Southern San Andreas Super Autos description, its Steering linkage "may be from 1910", which could make this one of the oldest vehicles in the series (assuming the Roosevelt is said to be "a 1920s limousine").
- The default radio stations of the Fränken Stange are Radio Mirror Park, Vinewood Boulevard Radio, and Los Santos Rock Radio.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- The horn of the Fränken Stange is unique; it is similar to a combination of the Marquis' horn and the Marshall/The Liberator's horns.
- The engine will viciously shake when it is turned on, even more so when the vehicle is revved on the spot.
- The Fränken Stange does not have a license plate, this is because, like typical hot rods, it has illegal body modifications, with these being the exhaust pipes and muffler-less exhaust system, deeming it illegal for the road. The Hotknife however, which is also a hot rod and sports similar modifications, has a rear license plate.
- The Fränken Stange does not have any reverse lights.
- If added, the Fränken Stange has a unique Turbo engine sound.
- This vehicle is not listed in the Creator, and unless the player owns a Fränken Stange, this vehicle will not be listed in races.
- There was a unique door closing animation for this vehicle, where the player used both hands to shut the door when entering it. This was later changed to the standard animation after patch 1.31.
- The Fränken Stange and Lurcher were originally purchasable in Grand Theft Auto V but that decision was changed before release and the vehicles ended up being Online exclusive.
- If inspected closely, the vehicle's axles are not aligned correctly to the wheels.
- The vehicle's stock wheels, unlike its equivalent available at Los Santos Customs, have a color applied to the spokes instead of the whole rim. Because of the limitations, it is not possible to change color with the stock wheels and changing them back may revert it to the default alloy color.
- As part of the Bikers update, the timing belt on this vehicle's engine functions correctly, rotating the cams, crank, idlers and water pump. This also applies to the Tornado Rat Rod.
- A Fränken Stange can be seen in the 'Tuned to Death' tattoo under the 'Torso - Back' category at the Tattoo Parlors.
- Roosevelt - The town car to which the Fränken Stange is a variant of.
- Tornado Rat Rod - Another hot rod featured in Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the Bikers update.