|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
Once Fortified is started, an Armored Boxville will spawn near the CEO's location. Once an organisation member enters the vehicle, the mission starts. The players have to protect the Boxville from incoming players destroying it. Occasionally, there will be 4 NPCs that spawn in 2 pairs of Fugitives or Buzzards equipped with Micro SMGs if the session is less populated. The group also has the option to leave the Armored Boxville to defend on foot.
The attackers, on the other hand, must destroy the Armored Boxville to complete the objective. The health of the vehicle is displayed at the bottom right of the screen. If the health bar is completely depleted, the vehicle will be destroyed, ending the VIP Work.
If the Boxville is successfully defended for ten minutes, the organisation successfully completes the VIP Work.
- In solo sessions, the Armored Boxville can be driven into tunnels, which makes it easier to protect it from any other players or NPCs. Proximity Mines are effective against players driving into the tunnels.
- NPCs have low accuracy, allowing players to easily kill them. In addition, they will never shoot at the Boxville unless they get too close.
- Staying away from the Armored Boxville (roughly 1 mile out of range,) prevents attacking NPCs from damaging the van due to them being out of rendering distance. However, this should only be done whenever there aren't opposing players, or within an invite-only lobby.
- For attackers, destroying an Armored Boxville requires a lot of explosives as the health of the Boxville is significantly high. Aircraft cannons are effective against it, though they must risk getting shot by the gunner in the turret position, if there is one. Tanks and APCs are good vehicles to use, though their slow speed would not keep up with the Armored Boxville. Heat-seeking missiles cannot lock on to the Boxville.
- The Anti-Aircraft Trailer with Flak cannons are the easiest way to destroy the Boxville; just a few shots are needed.
- The Armored Boxville is immune to explosives or constant gunfire unless they enter the vehicle or wait 3 minutes to start the VIP Work.