- "Observe security at the Fleeca Bank on the Western Highway. Then collect Paige and some equipment from the factory, and come back to the apartment to plan the score."
- ―Heist Setup description.
After meeting with Lester Crest at his garment factory, the player must return to their high-end apartment planning room (marked on the Radar with the icon) and commence the setup. After recruiting another team member, they both exit the apartment and drive Lester to the Fleeca Bank on the Great Ocean Highway using Lester's car.
After observing the bank, they must then return to Lester's garment factory. On the way, whichever crew member is not driving is required to practice the hacking mini-game using Lester's software. The mini-game consists of a constantly moving line that the player must guide from a start point to an end point. If it touches anything but the exit it fails and has to be restarted. There are 3 levels to complete, with each one increasing in difficulty. Continued failure slows down the speed of the point but reduces the achievement level. It is recommended to use the D-pad rather than the analogue stick. The crew can't go to the next part of the mission until the hacking mini-game has been completed.
Upon arrival at the garment factory, Paige Harris is waiting by a Granger with the heist supplies and the crew must leave the Asea and deliver this back to the heist Leader's apartment garage to complete the setup mission.
- Although players use iFruit mobile phones in GTA Online, during the hacking mini-game the player will be given a BitterSweet phone. This also happens in the finale.
- When the driver regains control after Lester shows footage of the security cameras, for a short amount of time the driver will not be steering the steering wheel if they turn the wheels. This can be seen clearer in first-person.
- After picking up Paige and using her vehicle, she will converse with Lester in the back of said vehicle. Going into first person mode and looking back, one can notice that not only does Lester's lips do not move when speaking but Paige's do whenever he speaks.