|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
|For other uses, see Festive Surprise (disambiguation).|
- "The stench of spiked egg nog stained on your Clubhouse floor and drunken Santas stumbling down Vinewood Boulevard can only signify one thing: the Festive Surprise 2017 Event has hit Los Santos and Blaine County. With Weazel News’ crack team of weathermen already calling for a frosty forecast this coming weekend, new festive gear along with all of your old favorites return to the shops of Southern San Andreas. Send sparks through the night with the Firework Launcher as you stomp through a crimson-coated winter wonderland in your favorite Elf mask, pay a visit to your favorite 247 Supermarket in a Mirthful Gingerbread Hockey mask or show your head-to-toe spirit in a festive albeit slightly creepy Reindeer Bodysuit. Plus keep an eye out for a few free unlocks in the coming days including new Krampus masks gifts starting on Christmas Eve. Because in this town, only the naughty get their stockings stuffed."
- ―Rockstar Games Newswire
Festive Surprise 2017 is an event in Grand Theft Auto Online, which started on December 19, 2017 and runs until January 8, 2018. This event features discounts on vehicles & properties and Double GTA$ payouts in a new Adversary Mode, Occupy.
Festive Surprise 2017 marks the fifth year of the Festive period, which started off in 2013 with the Holiday Gifts event, returned as a Title Update in 2014 and 2015 as the Festive Surprise and Festive Surprise 2015 updates respectively, and previously returned as an Event in 2016 named the Festive Surprise 2016 Event. It is the fifth year that Snowfall makes an appearance in GTA Online.
The traditional "Happy Holidays" awards for this year were awarded to players on December 18, 2017, one day before the event began. The award this year was full ammo for all owned weaponry, excluding Weaponized Vehicles. This day also saw the addition of Christmas trees in all Apartments, Offices, Office Garages, Galaxy Super Yachts and Clubhouses.[ ]
- The Sentinel Classic is made available for purchase on Southern San Andreas Super Autos.
- Released December 19, 2017.
- Available from Southern San Andreas Super Autos for $650,000.
Double GTA$ and RP Bonuses
- Double GTA$ and RP in the new Adversary Mode, Occupy, until January 8th, 2018.
- Triple RP earnings from Premium Races and Time Trials.
30% discounts on selected vehicles, properties, and more until January 8, 2018:
- Arcadius Business Center Office - reduced to $1,575,000
- Fort Zancudo Hangar 3499 - reduced to $1,855,000
- All Yachts
- Orion reduced to $4,200,000
- Pisces reduced to $5,600,000
- Aquarius reduced to $7,000,000
- Pegassi Zentorno - reduced to $525,000
- Karin Kuruma (Armored) - Standard and Trade prices reduced to $488,775 and $367,500 respectively.
- Nagasaki Buzzard Attack Chopper - reduced to $1,225,000
- HVY Insurgent - Standard and Trade prices reduce to $628,425 and $472,500 respectively.
There is currently no mention of when the snowfall phenomenon will occur.
#FESTIVESURPRISE2017 Snapmatic Contest
A Festive Surprise Snapmatic Contest will begin between December 19, 2017 and January 1, 2018.
- Players will need to tag their entry with "#FESTIVESURPRISE2017".