|For the other uses of the term FIB, see FIB (disambiguation)|
The FIB Granger is heavily influenced by GM trucks/SUVs. The Granger strongly resembles the eleventh generation Chevrolet Suburban. It also has a hint of GMC Yukon XL Denali styling, and the front fascia looks similar to a Sierra pickup.
The FIB Granger is a variant of the Granger, modified for FIB/NOOSE use. It always comes with a full black paintjob and LED flashing red/blue lights on the front and rear windshields. Using save editor programs and the Creator, it is possible to add a custom paintjob.
The FIB Granger, along with the Sheriff SUV and Park Ranger, is easily the best performing SUV in the game. It improves on the civilian vehicle in every way, with good acceleration (about on par with the Interceptor), and stiff suspension which prevents it from rolling over in high speed turns. It also has a high top speed, great off road performance, and decent brakes, but it is all at the cost of being difficult to obtain.
GTA V Overview
The FIB Granger is much more challenging to obtain than other police vehicles.
GTA V and Online
- When reaching a wanted level of 4 stars, FIB Grangers will begin to appear. It only appears in the city of Los Santos.
- Two FIB Grangers can be found parked next to the satellites in Grand Senora Desert with FIB agents and scientists at around 10:00 - 11:30 in the morning. It can be obtained with no heat at all but FIB agents nearby will open fire on the player most of the time once they try to hijack it. Although, sometimes, two FIB Buffalos will take the place of the FIB Grangers, or sometimes there will be one of each.
- A relatively easy way to obtain a FIB Granger is shown in this video.
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Even though the vehicle is owned by the FIB, NOOSE officers use these cars. It is probably more of a tactical car than a undercover SUV, as in real life, SWAT operatives use undercover vehicles in order to avoid being identified.
- During the mission Carbine Rifles, the FIB Granger has bullet-proof tires.
- Like the Sheriff SUV, when they spawn, they don't chase the player as frequent as the LSPD, instead they will try to ram the player off the road.
Enhanced Version Only:
- The siren was altered for the PS4/XB1 version, where it now sounds like a 90's police siren. The same siren is also used on the FIB Buffalo.
- The siren will no longer malfunction when shot at.