|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "An executive jet's gone down in the wrong part of town. A team of Bodyguards works with their team member, the Target, to rendezvous in the extraction zone and get them to the evac point. Meanwhile, the Hit Squad try to find the Target first and put them down."
- — Rockstar Games Social Club description.
- "Teams of Bodyguards must search, locate and safely extract an Executive Target from their downed jet before a rival Hit Squad intercepts and eliminates the target."
- — Rockstar Newswire description
With three to twelve participants, the game mode involves 2 teams: the Bodyguards (1-5 players) and a Hit Squad (1-6 players). There is also a common Target (an executive, 1 player only).
The target's plane was forced to make an emergency landing, so it is stranded inside an area called the extraction zone. The target has to meet with the bodyguards and get to the evac point before the hit squad finds them; in each mission, a random evac point is chosen from the selection, which can be found in the table bellow. The target is equipped with a flare gun, which can be used to point out his location, as well as hurting the enemy players.
The bodyguards must save the target from the extraction zone by collecting and escorting him to the evac point, while defending them from the hit squad.
- Hit Squad
The hit squad has to find and take out the target before the bodyguards find them. If the target gets in the bodyguards' vehicle, the hit squad can still pursue the target vehicle marked on the map before it reaches the evac point.
The target has a single life; all other players have three. If all team members are permanently removed (either by dying or being disqualified for staying out-of-bounds), the opponent team wins the round.
There is also an Extraction app, which can be used by the Bodyguards and the Target to locate each other by using the given coordinates.
Different vehicles are available to the players depending on the team chosen:
- Hit Squad: Technicals, a Sanchez, and Valkyrie MOD.0s
- Bodyguards: Lectros, Guardians, Valkyrie MOD.0s, Insurgents, and a Luxor Deluxe.
|Extraction I: The extraction zone is located in Davis and Rancho; the hit squad starts in El Burro Heights; the bodyguards start in Banning and Burton; the evac points are located in Vespucci Canals and Mirror Park.|
|Extraction II: the extraction zone is in Grapeseed; the hit squad and bodyguards start in different parts of Mount Chiliad; the evac points are located in San Chianski Mountain Range, Pacific Ocean, and Grand Senora Desert.|
|Extraction III: The extraction zone is located in Cypress Flats, Murrieta Heights, El Burro Heights, and La Mesa; the hit squad spawns at a distant point in El Burro Heights; the bodyguards start in La Puerta; the evac points are located at the LS International Airport and NOOSE Headquarters.|
|Extraction IV: The extraction zone is located in Great Chaparral and Grand Senora Desert; the hit squad spawns at the Zancudo River; the bodyguards start in West Vinewood; the evac points are located at Bolingbroke Penitentiary and in Vinewood Hills.|
|Extraction V: The extraction zone and the hit squad spawn location are in different parts of Grand Senora Desert; the bodyguards start in Great Chaparral; the evac points are located in the Palmer-Taylor Power Station and Grand Senora Desert.|
- Extraction I on Social Club
- Extraction II on Social Club
- Extraction III on Social Club
- Extraction IV on Social Club
- Extraction V on Social Club
- Extraction Announced on Rockstar Newswire. Rockstar Newswire (December 15, 2015).