- Wu Zi Mu: "You're gonna need a crew, and some special equipment."
- CJ: "Yeah, it'll take some explosives. Always gotta blow up shit to pull a heist."
- Wu Zi Mu: "You know what? There's an open cast mine southwest of the city limits. They must have explosives."
- — Wu Zi Mu and Carl Johnson discuss preparations for robbing Caligula's Palace
Explosive Situation is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by San Fierro Triads leader Wu Zi Mu from his office at The Four Dragons Casino, located along The Strip in Las Venturas, San Andreas.
Carl has just frightened Johnny Sindacco into revealing that the Sindacco Family has been responsible for the vandalism at Woozie's new casino venture. Armed with this information, Carl is poised to push the Mafia families out of Las Venturas, and begins to systematically dismantle their presence. Woozie next asks Carl to acquire a stash of dynamite being used at the nearby Hunter Quarry. Carl goes to the Quarry and finds the foremen preparing to detonate the dynamite. Carl collects the dynamite and escapes from the quarry, while avoiding security. Carl then gives the explosives to Guppy, who is waiting outside the quarry. Guppy drives off with the explosives and the mission is completed.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the Quarry
- Get the Dynamite before the timer runs out and it's detonated
- Security is blocking the exit. Use the dirt bike to find another way out
- Follow the arrows to escape
- Now deliver the dynamite to the drop point
- The player can use a Sniper Rifle to shoot the man about to detonate the dynamite, which will remove the timer and disable the time limit.
- The player can use the Forklift to transport one box out of the Quarry, pick up the first three boxes, then drive to the exit in the Dumper and break the last box on the outside, removing the need to escape from the Quarry on the Sanchez.
- The player can take out the guards at the quarry entrance and move one of the trucks near the gates, jump on them, and then jump over the fence to avoid having to ride the Sanchez through the checkpoints.
- The dynamite sticks used in this mission have the same models as those used in the GTA Vice City missions Demolition Man and Boomshine Saigon.
- If the Dumper used to break the dynamite crates is destroyed, the mission will fail, even if the player has already collected the dynamite.
- After the player collects the dynamite, a sandstorm will automatically occur until the player leaves the Quarry.
- If the Sanchez is destroyed or immobilised, the mission will not fail and the player will instead be instructed to find another Sanchez (from the same spawn point).