- "We underestimated Catalina's plans for SPANK. It reaches far beyond the Yardies selling it on the street corners. The Cartel have a front company, the Kappa Coffee House. They've been selling SPANK through the street stalls. We have no choice but to put these drug stands out of operation. Smash them to splinters!!"
- ― Asuka Kasen
Espresso-2-Go! is a mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by new Yakuza leader Asuka Kasen from a Panlantic Construction Company construction site in Fort Staunton, Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Miguel has informed Asuka, who's torturing him, about espresso stands around Liberty City. The stands in question are being used by the Colombian Cartel as fronts to sell SPANK. Claude must destroy every espresso stand in eight minutes before the Colombians warn their pushers.
Two of the stalls are on Portland Island; one in Saint Mark's opposite Salvatore's Gentlemen's Club; and the other one located the opposite of entrance to the Portland Harbor. Five of the stalls are located on Staunton Island. The Staunton stalls are located at Belleville Park, east of the car-park in Newport, in front of the church in Bedford Point, near a statue in Torrington, and behind the church just west of Love Media building. The final two stands are located in Shoreside Vale. One is to the west of Shoreside Lift Bridge at Francis International Airport and the other one outside the hospital at Pike Creek.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Cruise Liberty's districts to find Espresso-2-Go stalls and destroy them.
Tips and Tricks
- It is strongly recommended to start on either Portland or Shoreside Vale and move left to right and vice versa as having to traverse back and forth from Staunton will waste precious time.
- A good path would be heading to Saint Mark's in Portland and start from there, head south towards the port and then cross the Callahan Bridge to destroy the stands using a vertical path through Staunton, after that cross the Shoreside Lift Bridge and destroy the stand on the airport, finishing the mission with the one in the Pike Creek's hospital.
- For this mission, familiarity to the map is the key. If you get lost for any reason (e.g. stuck on the map, or forgetting the location of bridge entrances) the mission is likely to fail for running out of time. Fortunately, locations of stashes are fixed so you can at least memorize them through numerous trial and error. However, the timer never starts until the player destroys a stall, and its location will permanently show once the player is near it.
- Ray's bulletproof Patriot is an option for cruising around Portland as the Mafia will shoot the player on sight with powerful weapons. However, bear in mind that his Patriot is not resistant to impact damage so if its on fire (from frequent ramming on booths) you must discard it and losing it forever. In addition, relative low speed is also a trade-off for BP Patriot or Rhino tank for this mission. You can also use the BP/FP/EP (can be converted to DP making it AP) Cheetah From the mission Turismo for fast completion
- If you don't want to waste precious time and want to finish the mission as quickly as possible, use a rocket launcher. Couple it with a Banshee, arguably the best car in this game. With the rocket lancher you could destroy the stalls immediately and from a safe distance, without the risk of lowering car health for fighting with well armed Cartel guardians and gangs hostile to Claude. And with the Banshee you can rush across the map. Just race towards the stand, get off, fire, get on, race towards next stand, repeat.
- After the destruction of the first stall in Shoreside Vale, a Cartel Cruiser will start ramming the player's car, in an effort to stop him. The men inside will carry Micro Uzis.
- This is possibly one of the hardest missions in the entire GTA Series. To make this mission easier, the developers changed the Pump Action Shotguns used by the Mafia into Micro Uzis, which makes it easier to destroy the Saint Mark's stall. In addition, gangs that are hostile toward Claude will take their attention on the Cartel members in the coffee stalls, putting less stress on the player when smashing the stalls in Saint Mark's and Newport. Non hostile gangs like the Yakuza will also attack the Cartel member in the coffee stall in Torrington.
- The gangsters inside the stall will carry Micro Uzis, but some will be armed with shotguns.
- According to Asuka's dialogue, the Cartel's front was initially called the Kappa Coffee House.