|For the sports car in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, see Elegy.|
- "Born in the fires of Mt. Fuji and tested on some German toll road, you can finally legally own this legendary supercar without the fear of having your door kicked in by the FIB because they'd rather crush import cars than catch terrorists."
- ―Legendary Motorsport description.
Grand Theft Auto V
The Elegy RH8 is designed as a two-door sports car with a sleek appearance, where the greenhouse, front quarter, rear bumper area, natural rear wing and wheels are inspired by the Nissan GT-R (R35). The front headlamps are reminiscent of that of the Infiniti G37 Coupes, which is also related to the Nissan Skyline. The rear lights are very similar to the ones on the 2009 Toyota FT-86 Concept.
The Elegy RH8 appears to have a Carbon fiber reinforced polymer front splitter, front intakes, side skirts, spoiler and diffuser. The rear wheel arches are fitted with large intakes positioned close to the doors. The dual exhaust system appears to have its twin tail pipes set inside the rear diffuser. The car has the "ELEGY" marking on the rear end and a permanent red stripe that connects both taillights.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto V
The car accelerates relatively well from a standstill and reaches a good top speed. It also has very little wheel spin, thanks to the all wheel drive system. The car has good weight distribution and also has good balance when cornering, including high speed cornering. Cornering feels responsive most of the time, with good stability afforded to the driver, even at high speeds, rain, or snow.
The Elegy RH8 is one of the best handling cars (especially in the "Sports" class), due to its great traction, even weight distribution, and all-wheel drive configuration, but its Achilles heel is its braking, which even compared to some of the SUVs is very poor. However, due its exceptional handling, braking is not always needed when taking corners, although needing to come to a dead stop quickly may become problematic in this car.
It will also stall if one attempts to make a sharp 180 using the handbrake at high speeds - that is, if the player end up still going backwards after being turned around, if one continues to try and accelerate forwards, one will stall out for a split second.
The Elegy RH8 features a what is stated to be a 3-liter engine capable of pushing 560HP. The engine model appears to be a single cam V8, coupled to a 6-speed gearbox in a front engine, all wheel drive layout.
GTA V Overview
(0-60 mph in Seconds)
(mph / kmh)
(FWD / RWD / AWD)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||94 / 152||6||N/A||AWD|
|1700 / 3748||65|
|2.7 Seconds||197 / 317||N/A||3L 560HP (Website)||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|4.0 Seconds||120 / 193||6||V8 (In-game model)||AWD||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto V
|This section contains insufficient information and is considered as a Section stub. You can help the GTA Wiki by expanding it as much as you can.|
Requiring improvement: Images for modifications.
|Category||Modification||Cost (GTA V)||Cost (GTA Online)||Image|
|Upgrade: Benny's Original Motor WorksB||Elegy Retro Custom||N/A||$904,000|
|Armor Upgrade 20%||$1,625||$7,500|
|Armor Upgrade 40%||$4,062||$12,000|
|Armor Upgrade 60%||$6,500||$20,000|
|Armor Upgrade 80%||$11,375||$35,000|
|Armor Upgrade 100%||$16,250||$50,000|
|Bumpers||Stock Front Bumper||$750||$2,200|
|Carbon Front Splitter||$1,250||$4,600|
|Splitter with Canards||$1,650||$7,400|
|Stock Rear Bumper||$750||$2,200|
|Carbon Rear Diffuser||$1,250||$4,600|
|Painted Rear Bumper||$1,650||$7,400|
|Painted Bumper & Diffuser||$1,950||$11,700|
|Engine||EMS Upgrade, Level 1||$2,925||$9,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 2||$4,062||$12,500|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 3||$5,850||$18,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 4||$10,887||$33,500|
|Dual Titanium Exhaust||$375||$750|
|Double Vented Hood||$1,200||$5,000|
|Horns||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Horns||-||-|
|Neon Kits||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Lights||-||-|
|Loss/Theft Prevention||Tracker||N/A||Too Hot|
|Full Coverage||N/A||Too Hot|
|Plates||Blue on White 1||$50||$200|
|Blue on White 2||$50||$200|
|Blue on White 3||$50||$200|
|Yellow on Blue||$75||$300|
|Yellow on Black||$150||$600|
|Respray||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Respray Colors||-||-|
|Roll Cages||No Roll Cage||$350||$700|
|Roll Cage and Chassis Upgrade||$550||$1,100|
|Custom Skirts 1||$1,500||$5,500|
|Custom Skirts 2||$2,000||$8,000|
|Custom Skirts 3||$2,750||$10,500|
|Custom Skirts 4||$3,900||$14,000|
|Low Level Spoiler||$750||$7,050|
|High Level Spoiler||$950||$10,000|
|Wheels||Main article: Los Santos Customs/Wheels||-||-|
- B Only available at Benny's Original Motor Works (enhanced version).
Elegy Retro CustomGrand Theft Auto Online
The Elegy Retro Custom is a sports tuning car based on the third generation Nissan Skyline (R32). It features custom liveries and advanced tuning modifications.
Grand Theft Auto V
- Respawns infinitely as a "special vehicle" at each protagonists' delivery garage, as Rockstar Games Social Club bonus content.
- The vehicle may spawn with no spoiler.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Can be purchased from Legendary Motorsport and Benny's Original Motor Works for $95,000.
- The default radio station of the Elegy RH8 is Space 103.2 and Lowdown 91.1.
- When fitting any rear bumper with a diffuser, a sticker is added that reads "Bay Shore," this is said as "Wangan" in Japan, this is directly referencing the famous Japanese Mid Night Club street racing team of the 1990s, the sticker also bares near identical resemblance to the club's official team sticker. In turn this is a reference to Rockstar Games' own franchise, Midnight Club. The sticker is also a reference to the semi-famous drift team and garage named Riverside, owned by the late Atsushi Kuroi. The sticker also shares the same font type as Riverside.
- The "German toll road" reference is a reference to the Nissan GT-R being tested on the Nürburgring Nordschleife, a pro circuit and also a toll road when there are no races.
- When modifying the rear bumper, the reverse light will disappear, but the light will still shine when backing up; if the player manages to crash and make the rear bumper fall off, the reverse light will appear to be floating mid-air without being attached to anything.
- When the Carbon Front Splitter is installed, a small sticker can be seen reading "Yours", a reference to the tuning company Mine's.
- In the PC, PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game, the Carbon Front Splitter is modeled incorrectly, resulting in an asymmetrical design.
- The name "RH8" is a reference to "Record Holder 9" ("RH9"), a name given to GTRs that can run a 9 second quarter mile.
- When the Exposed Intercooler grille is fitted, twin turbochargers are installed in the engine bay. Humorously, the part can can be found in the files named "
- This is a reference to the Garrett GT28 turbocharger, which is nicknamed "disco potato".
- While the spoiler found on the car by default is treated as stock, Los Santos Customs lists the option as "None", meaning the spoiler cannot be removed, despite the stock spoiler being called "None".
- If purchased for free, the vehicle was not available to sell at Los Santos Customs. This was changed in the Bikers update for the enhanced version, where the player is now able to sell the vehicle for 50% of the value of any modifications applied to the vehicle. This also applies to any vehicle bought prior to a major bug patch that fixed players being able to purchase vehicles with hacked money, albeit these vehicles also only sell for 50% of the value of any modifications applied. This only applies to the enhanced version of the game.
- Elegy Retro Custom - Custom variant based on the fifth generation Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34), added in the Import/Export update for GTA Online.