|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
|This article or section is Under Construction.|
The compound is home to Juan Strickler, a.k.a. "El Rubio", located on the southwestern corner of the island of Cayo Perico. It is a Spanish-colonial style mansion built on a seaside clifftop. The land perimeter is surrounded by a high wall with iron spikes on top. The outer main gate is reinforced and requires high-density demolition explosives to penetrate, while the inner gate is opened from the inside.
There are multiple structures, including accommodation, garages, storage rooms, an underground vault, and animal cages where a Black Panther is kept in captivity. There is a large swimming pool and a smaller pool, along with two fountains.
The facility is protected by multiple CCTV cameras.
The compound is a restricted area with access not possible outside of the scripted heist mission. Should a player somehow manages to enter the compound's area (by carefully jumping on the eastern side of the outer fence with a Manchez Scout), they will reset back to the airstrip, though no cutscene is shown.
While not strictly part of the compound itself, the surrounding grounds are divided from the rest of the island by a wall and chain link fence, with only one check-point-controlled vehicle entry point. There is a helipad where Stricker's Valkyrie MOD.0 is usually parked, which has a nearby air defense station, and a Ritual Hut with Yoga mats. A Primitive Shelter is in the southwestern corner of the grounds, otherwise they are devoid of development.
Events of GTA Online
The player is asked by Miguel Madrazo to retrieve some files held by Strickler. The player travels to Cayo Perico incognito and examines the compound defenses and vulnerabilities via the hacked CCTV network, discovering four possible entry points besides the main gate. They can later discover a sixth entry point, a drainage tunnel leading from the swimming pool maintenance room out into the bay at the base of the cliff.
During The Cayo Perico Heist, the player enters the compound to access the safe in the vault, and can rob other valuables spread throughout the compound, albeit these are locked behind dual-keycard access doors requiring two players to be present. All this must be done while duping by way of disguise, secretly avoiding, or just outright aggressively eliminating the numerous members of El Rubio's Private Security who are patrolling the grounds.
During the heist, English Dave is found locked in the animal cage next to the panther's cage, which may be found open and empty.
The player can find two exclusive weapons within the compound, a Combat Shotgun which can be used during the heist but then has to be purchased at Ammu-Nation in order to be kept, and the golden Perico Pistol which will always be locked in a drawer in Strickler's top floor office. Players must firstly complete a random event in San Andreas before embarking on the heist to obtain a key to this drawer.
- Strickler's own white Brioso 300 is always parked inside the main gate.
- A Stafford is sometimes parked immediately outside the main gate.
- A Speedo can be parked outside the walls in the northeastern corner.
The player is later able to return to the compound to repeatedly rob Strickler of various high value primary targets and secondary loot.
Grand Theft Auto Online
The Cayo Perico Heist
- Main Gate
- North Wall
- North Gate
- South Wall
- South Gate
- Drainage Tunnel
- Throughout the compound are photos depicting characters and locations in Red Dead Redemption 2. Notably, in El Rubio's office, the player can see photos of Andreas and his family, who were German, suggesting that El Rubio is in some way related to them, as he is part German. Another photo depicts Emerald Ranch, which is a location the Red Dead player can visit.
- An unseen terrarium and panic room are located somewhere inside of the compound.
- “Where the hell is the power? If this fucks with my terrarium, someone is going to suffer”
- — El Rubio over the loudspeaker when the player deactivates the island's power
- “Klaus! Report to the panic room!”
- — El Rubio in the Cayo Perico Heist's Finale