The Arab Republic of Egypt (Arabic:جمهورية مصر العربية), commonly known as Egypt, is a transcontinental country spanning the northeast corner of Africa and southwest corner of Asia via a land bridge formed by the Sinai Peninsula. Most of its territory of 1,010,000 square kilometers (390,000 sq mi) lies within North Africa and is bordered by the Mediterranean Sea to the north, the Gaza Strip and Israel to the northeast, the Gulf of Aqaba to the east, the Red Sea to the east and southeast, Sudan to the south and Libya to the west.
In the GTA series
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Hossan Ramzy is Egyptian.
- Egyptian-themed gargoyles can be found around Liberty City, much like its real-life equivalent of New York.
- The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Grand Theft Auto V
- The Osiris is named after the Egyptian God of death.
- At the Kortz Center, there is an exhibit called Pharaoh's Riches, which is mainly about the history of ancient dynasties in Egypt.