- — GTA V Website
It is hosted by Don Cheto and Camilo Lara, a.k.a Instituto Mexicano del Sonido (Mexican Institute of Sound), and is mostly spoken in Mexican Spanish. It is most likely based on KBUE 105.5, a radio station that broadcasts throughout the Greater Los Angeles area that also plays in a regional mexican radio format and it also features Don Cheto as one of the hosts on the station. While the station caters to the Mexican-American population of Los Santos, not all of the music featured is from Mexico. La Sonora Dinamita are actually Colombian, La Liga and Alika are Argentinean, La Vida Boheme are Venezuelan and Los Ángeles Negros are Chilean-Mexican.
East Los FM is based in East Los Santos.
GTA V's beta audio files reveal one song was planned to appear on the station but was not included in the final version.
- Toy Selectah - El Sabanero Raver (2011)
- This is the default station of every Taxicab in Los Santos.
- This radio station plays inside the Darnell Bros. garment factory and Hearty Taco.
- This is one of eight radio stations in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online that doesn't feature commercials or news breaks, the others being FlyLo FM, WorldWide FM, Soulwax FM, The Lab, Los Santos Underground Radio, iFruit Radio and Music Locker Radio.
- It is also one of two stations that didn't feature any new songs in the enhanced version, the other being Soulwax FM.
- Tattoo artists Boonie and Spider seem to be fans, as they may occasionally wear a black East Los FM shirt.
- Heavy Heavy Monster Sounds, radio station in GTA London 1969 and 1961 which also play Ska, but British.
- Radio Espantoso, a Latin radio station featured in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories that plays Latin Jazz, Cuban Son and Salsa.
- San Juan Sounds, another Latin (Puerto Rican) station featured in GTA IV and its episodes that plays Reggaeton, Merengue, Latin Hip-hop and Bachata.
- The Blue Ark, a reggae radio station in GTA V which also plays Ska, but Jamaican.