|For a similar agency present only in GTA IV see Bureau of Narcotics|
The agency appears to be named after the real-life Drug Enforcement Administration. It plays a small role in the HD Universe, being mentioned but playing no role with the story events in Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V. In Grand Theft Auto Online, however, the agency makes its first appearance in the heist finale of "Series A Funding."
Events of Grand Theft Auto IV
Events of Grand Theft Auto Online
The DOA makes its only appearance in the finale mission of the heist "Series A Funding." During the final pre-completion cutscene, players deliver their stolen drugs to Trevor. Later, Trevor is seen dealing the drugs to a strange man who, unbeknownst to Trevor, is an undercover DOA agent. After realizing that the deal was actually a sting operation, Trevor escapes by jumping off of a cliff into the ocean, with a team of DOA agents and LSPD police officers shooting at him from atop the cliff.
Events of Grand Theft Auto V
The DOA makes irregular anti-drug use bleets on Bleeter.
- The logo of the agency has an eye on the top. This is referencing the "observation" part of the name.
- In addition said eye and the typeface for the letters "DOA" are the same as those used on the DEA's logo and "DEA" letters.
- Although the DOA is a separate agency from the LSPD, LSPD officers are seen shooting at Trevor in 'Series A Funding' instead of DOA agents. This is most likely due to the fact that the DOA specializes in observation and intelligence gathering, hence they usually cooperate with their actual law enforcement counterparts.
- There are unused DOA agent models in GTA Online files .
- In law enforcement, the term DOA stands for "Dead on Arrival," which may indicate a more shady side of the DOA.
- Drug Enforcement Agency, the 3D Universe version of the agency.
- Bureau of Narcotics, another agency in the HD Universe that combats drug manufacturing and use.
\Grand Theft Auto V\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpheist\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\mpheist_componentpeds.rpf\u_m_m_doa_01.ydd.