|"Drive By" redirects here. For the ability to perform drive-by shooting, see Drive-By Shooting.|
- "I'm saying that the East Coast made you drive like an idiot, fool! Man, you always crashing cars and shit. And for some reason now you back, all it is, is 'CJ drive here, CJ drive there'. Bullshit!"
Carl arrives at Sweet's doorstep where he overhears Ryder talking to Sweet, criticising Carl's driving skills, with Ryder oblivious to the fact Carl is standing behind him. Ryder tells Carl that he's always crashing cars, but Sweet convinces Ryder to agree to Carl driving, while he rides shotgun. Carl, Sweet, Ryder and Big Smoke get into Sweet's car and drive to Ballas territory around the Jefferson/Glen Park areas to perform a series of drive-by shootings. The gang arrive and pull over at the side of the road to discuss the plan, with Sweet telling Carl to continue driving and not stop the car at any time.
The gang end up shooting three sets of Ballas gang members, before killing a fourth and final set in Glen Park. At this point, they receive police attention. Carl drives over to the Pay 'n' Spray in Idlewood to lose them, before taking the gang back to Grove Street.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in the car.
- Drive your homies into Balla territory.
- Take out the first group of Ballas.
- Take out the second group of Ballas.
- Take out the third group of Ballas.
- Take out the fourth group of Ballas.
- Use the nearby Pay 'n' Spray to lose the cops.
- Take your homies back to the hood.
|Drive your vehicle into the spray shop to lose your wanted level, repair and respray your vehicle. Cost - $100. This time it's free.|
|Your wanted level has been suspended, if you commit a crime whilst the stars are flashing your full wanted level will be reinstated.|
The reward for completing this mission is $500 and increased respect. The missions Home Invasion and Sweet's Girl are also unlocked. The Ballas will now become hostile towards Carl and will shoot at him whenever he is spotted in Ballas territory.
- If Carl gets out of the car, Sweet will tell him "not to run on [him] again". If Carl walks too far away from the car, Ryder will say, "Damn! He shook us!" before Big Smoke takes the wheel and drives away. The mission will fail and the message "You sure you're down for the 'hood?" will appear on-screen. A video of this can be seen here.
- Also, if the car is on fire and Carl jumps out, the mission will fail and the screen will say "Your homies didn't make it".
- Ryder's comment on Carl's driving could be a reference to the driving of many Grand Theft Auto players, and the many crashes they have due to recklessness.
- The only way to actually lose the wanted level in this mission is to go to the Pay 'n' Spray in Idlewood where the mission tells the player to go, as the others won't work. A video of this can be seen here.
- It is not possible to lose wanted level in this mission by picking up police bribes, a video of this can be seen here.
- Big Smoke doesn't appear in the first cutscene but he is present during the rest of the mission.
- It is possible to walk away before first entering the car, and roam freely indefinitely. In this state, no matter what he does, Carl will not attain a wanted level, not even if he enters restricted areas, which allows early exploration of the map. Even if attacked, cops or gang members will not fight back. Missions of any type cannot be started, but collectibles and weapons can be gathered. Furthermore, the Doherty garage in San Fierro can be used to store cars before Carl owns the deed. If Carl is wasted, the mission will end, and the game will return to normal.
- If Carl does a stunt jump in the Greenwood with the homies in it, Smoke will sometimes say some unique dialogues.
- At the end of the mission, Sweet says "You're down with the Grove and the Ballas know it", which explains why are they hostile to CJ after this mission.
|Prev: Nines and AKs||Next: Sweet's Girl|