Located in Chinatown, Algonquin and bordered by Diamond Street, Albany Avenue and Bismarck Avenue, the Dragon Heart Plaza is a massive multi-storey building with an evidently Oriental architectural design, being based on the real-life 241 Canal Street (former Golden Pacific National Bank) in New York City's Chinatown. Being situated within Triad territory, the building is owned by the Triads, and was intended to be used to house a Triad club, which had only begun to be set up in 2008.
The building is originally devoid of any interiors in Grand Theft Auto IV, but was modified as new episodic titles for Grand Theft Auto IV were released. In The Lost and Damned, one interior possibly illustrating the Triad's unfinished club area was added for use in a cinematic sequence of "This Shit's Cursed", but is not accessible in gameplay. In The Ballad of Gay Tony, the extent of the building's interior is drastically expanded, encompassing four floors (the first floor is a cramped mall occupied by shops and vending machines; the second floor is occupied by an office; the third and fourth floors are being renovated, with the unfinished Triad club on the fourth floor); the player can access the building's interior at any time of the game at the Albany Avenue side.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- This Shit's Cursed - Johnny Klebitz and Jim Fitzgerald go to the plaza to return a shipment of heroin to the Triad Boss in exchange for a sum of money, which quickly turned sour; the duo is forced to flee outside along the upper regions of the building before escaping onto an adjoining construction site.
- Chinese Takeout - The Triad Boss is revealed to have difficulty acquiring a liquor license for the club. Rocco Pelosi insists that Gay Tony and Luis Lopez can grant him this; although when it turns out Gay Tony and Luis can't afford to, the Triads attack, the two shoot their way out down the building's interior and escape.
- The Dragon Heart Plaza is one of the places that Brucie Kibbutz will ask Niko Bellic to fly to during a Helicopter Friend Activity.
- A Faggio wanted by Stevie in Grand Theft Auto IV can be found opposite the plaza. It's unique because of its green and black color scheme.
- The Dragon Heart Plaza has a plethora of fragile materials lying about inside like plaster, bags of cement, glass, even ceiling tiles can be broken.
- When you enter the building, The Beat 102.7 can be heard.
- There is a hidden grenade on the first floor of the building which you can access near the road works of the building and the The Lost and Damned mission This Shit's Cursed.