Distribution is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City which Tommy Vercetti performs independently. This is the only asset mission for The Cherry Popper Ice Cream Company and is triggered from the company's factory in Little Havana, Vice City.
After purchasing the company for $20,000, Tommy Vercetti learns from the previous owner, Maude Hanson, that the company is actually a front and the "ice cream" sold is actually drugs. Seeing the opportunity in this, Tommy takes one of the company's ice cream vans and begins distributing the drugs through Vice City. After selling 50 "ice creams", whilst avoiding the attention of the police, the asset mission is completed.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Use your Mr. Whoopee Van to distribute Cherry Poppers product around the city.
- You receive money for each transition you make, but the more transactions you make the more police attention you get.
- Local gangs will not appreciate you doing business on their turf so expect hostility if you do so.
- This mission does not feature checkpoints, so the "ice creams sold" counter will be reset to zero if the player exits the ice cream van, dies or gets arrested. Therefore, the fifty "ice creams" must be sold consecutively for the mission to be completed.
- For every fourth "ice cream" sold, the player earns one star on their wanted level. The more ice creams sold the higher the wanted level will be.
- Following completion of this mission, the Cherry Popper Ice Cream Company will generate a revenue of up to $3,000 a day. If the player owns at least seven assets, the penultimate mission Cap the Collector will be unlocked.
- The basis of this mission could be a reference to the "Glasgow Ice Cream Wars" of the 1980s, where rival criminal syndicates distributed drugs and stolen goods throughout the city using ice cream vans.