- "High fashion at its very highest. For those who are willing to spend a lot of money to cover up their inadequacies. Fashion never cost so much"
- ―GTA San Andreas Website.
Didier Sachs is a recurring high end clothing chain that originally debuted as an interactive clothing outlet in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but is also featured as a non-interactive entity in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars and Grand Theft Auto V.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
In GTA San Andreas, Didier Sachs is an upscale clothing store which primarily offers suits of various forms that can be purchased and worn by the player. Fittingly, Didier Sachs retails its items at the highest price points for clothing, and its ultra-luxurious reputation is reflected by the fact that its only outlet in San Andreas is located in Rodeo - Los Santos' high end shopping district (next to Los Santos' Victim outlet).
Access to Didier Sachs is available upon the completion of "Saint Mark's Bistro".
Since its introduction in GTA San Andreas, Didier Sachs is featured repeatedly as a non-interactive entity in several ocasions of the following games:
- In GTA Liberty City Stories, there are several Didier Sachs billboards in the subways of the city;
- In GTA IV and GTA Chinatown Wars, inaccessible Didier Sachs outlets in Liberty City can found at Saratoga Avenue in Willis, Dukes and at Back Passage in Suffolk, Algonquin. Billboard advertising for Didier Sachs is also present in GTA IV, as are selected pedestrians seen wearing Didier Sachs brand clothing;
- In The Ballad of Gay Tony, Yusuf Amir also purchases clothing from Didier Sachs;
- In GTA V, characters can be seen wearing Didier Sachs clothing. Stores can be seen (although not accessible) and advertisements can be spotted in billboards around Los Santos, such as one in Greenwich Parkway, La Puerta.
- Although the player cannot purchase any items from the store, two of Michael and Franklin's bank statements show that they purchased items from the store before the events of the game.
- The Ponsonbys cashier wears a red Didier Sachs belt, which the buckle bears the "DS" logo.
- Amanda De Santa is caught shoplifting from a Didier Sachs store during the events of The Good Husband and calls Michael De Santa asking him to help her.
Clothing in GTA San Andreas
Didier Sachs is primarily tailored around suits, ranging from traditional tuxedos and three-piece suits to modern varieties (circa early 1990s) with collarless undershirts, as well as fitting shoes and hats (peculiarly, a "Letterman Top" is also offered from the store). The brightly colored collarless suits resemble a red suit popularized by Suge Knight in the early 1990s.
Despite being the most luxurious clothing store, Didier Sachs offers the least variety in terms of the types of clothing offered (most of the clothing are merely recolors of a few types of clothes), as well as being the smallest outlet in comparison to other clothing stores. This is justified as the outlet is expected to be patronized by fewer customers but is able to make up for it with higher prices and larger profits per customer.
While the price of nearly all major articles of clothing as well as accessories (Chains and Watching) are normally several thousands of dollars each, hats are available at under $1,000 each.
While wearing clothing from Didier Sachs, Carl Johnson will comment about how well he is dressed, and rarely swears, as opposed to when wearing cheaper clothing (such as those from Binco, Sub Urban and ProLaps). Didier Sachs's clothing also gives some of the highest Sex Appeal and Respect boosts available, only rivaled by some of Binco's items that give more respect as they fit better with the Grove Street Families' dress code.
- For a comprehensive list of clothing available from Didier Sachs in GTA San Andreas, see Clothing in GTA San Andreas.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto IV
|This article needs more images of:|
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.